Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 Empty
PostSubject: interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2   interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2005 - 20:31

Some excerpts from this month's 4-4-2, painstakingly typed out for your viewing pleasure.

What are the main differences between Gerard Houllier and Rafa Benitez?
One's French and the other's Spanish. They're two fantastic managers but every manager in the world is different and the tactics and training is diferent under Rafa Benitez. When he got the job I'd heard how good he was. His CV spoke for itself- Valancia were champions of Spain under him even with Barcelona and Real Madrid having all those great players. I was surprised that we won the European Cup in his forst season, but I think he'll win more trophies at Liverpool. He's very detailed in everything he does, from set pieces to formations. Houllier was more relaxed although he liked to get the players fired up before a game. I enjoyed playing under Houllier and I enjoy playing under Rafa.

Did Liverpool get a bit carried away with their Mickey Mouse treble in 2001 and can you remember the last time Liverpool won the title? (from a United fan)
We won the big one last year for you, didn't we? Is it 5-2 now? I won't be here by the time United have won five! And we've won the league 18 times. So that's 5-2, 18-15. Next.

What did Jose Mourinho say to you after the League Cup final against Chelsea? Did you get any stick about it?
He just said, 'Good luck until the end of the season'. He was OK. The lads didn't give me any stick- because I'm the hardest in our changing room!

What really happened over the summer? Did you really feel unloved? You're surely one of LFC's best-loved players ever...
I didn't think I was unloved by the fans, but the situation got complicated and needed time to sort out. The fans don't always see what happens behind the scenes. It's all behind me now, but for a time it was the worst period of my career. I was confused. Ideally, I would have liked to have signed straight after the EC Final, but not everything was right. My agent explained that there were a few complications on the club's behalf and on mine too so it took three or four meetings, and the media blew it out of proportion. There was a lot of stuff going on outside the training ground which I blame the media for. They got a young kid to burn a Liverpool shirt with my name on just so he could get on the telly. The situation was nowhere near as bad as was made out. But I've signed for four years and I'm happy.

Do you ever feel embarrassed about what the on-off Chelsea move must have looked like to Liverpool fans? Were you worried about forgiveness when you saw shirts in flames?
Of course. I know it wasn't good for Liverpool fans, but it wasn't good for me either. It was something that I would rather have never happened, but it's what happens when you play for a big club and other clubs show interest.
As for forgiveness, I don't think I had anything to prove to Liverpool fans and I don't think I owe them anything. I've always given my everything every time I've worn the shirt and will continue to do so while I'm under contract. Liverpool fans know that better than anyone.

How long does it take you to choose a new shirt when you go shopping? Are you naturally an indecisive character?
(smiles) I don't wear shirts.

Rumour has it that Jamie Carragher had strong words with you on both occasions you were going to join Chelsea. Is this true?
He never had strong words with me at all. We spoke all the time and obviously he wanted me to stay, but we never had any fight like was reported in the media. I'm very close to Jamie, we're good friends. Jamie is more into football that anyone I know. He thinks Sky+ is the best invention ever. He tapes every single sports show and watches them continuously! He's obsessed!

Alan Shearer played a big role in persuading Michael Owen to join Newcastle. Didn't you and Carra badger him to return to Anfield?

I wouldn't say we badgered him but we both spoke to him and tried to twist his arm and get him back to the club. Michael is loved by the fans and players at Liverpool and it would have been nice to have got him. It wasn't to be and we wish him all the best at Newcastle, but even now I'd like Michael in the same side as me. Definitely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legend.
Posts merged:
In Istanbul I saw some LFC fans leaving at half-time. Did you want to do the same?

I didn't feel very good at half-time but there was no way I was going to leave! I can understand why people left the ground because the first half was a nightmare. I tried to be positive and play with some pride and the fans were fantastic from start to finish. They took over Istanbul. Their nickname was 'the 12th man' and I agree with that. There was some confusion in the changing room though. Steve Finnan was injured but he didn't want to come off so he didn't tell the manager. But the physio did tell the manager who wanted to take him off. Benitez was superb. He kept our chins up and told us to keep fighting. And we did.

Did you really think your goal in Istanbul was going to be anything more than a consolation? Be honest now...

At the time, I thought maybe we can get one more and make the scoreline respectable. That's how you think in football. You don't think you're going to get two more, especially against Milan. The goal gave everyone a boost, lifted our confidence and showed they were not invincible. They destroyed us first half but it was our night. When it comes to a penalty shootout it's a lottery and we won it.

During the penalty shootout, you knew you'd be taking the fifth penaltyif Andriy Shevchenko scored. How were you feeling? Were you a bit disappointed not to have scored the final winner?

I was absolutely s***ting my pants. Terrified. I was very, very nervous, the most nervous I've been on a football pitch. But if someone had offered me a chance to scrub my name off and not take it, I would have told them that I still wanted to take it.I was glad when Dudek saved it though. A few people asked me if I was disappointed not to have scored the winner but I didn't want all the glory and I wouldn't change anything from that night. It was the best night of my life...apart from the birth of my daughter.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2   interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 EmptySat 29 Oct 2005 - 10:34

gloirea gloirea
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2   interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 EmptySat 29 Oct 2005 - 11:50

gerrard forever!!!
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2   interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2005 - 23:00

ba g pe rien dire g rien compris!!!!
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2   interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2005 - 23:04

Great ! LFC scarf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2   interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2 Empty

Back to top Go down

interview de gerrard sur 4-4-2
Page 1 of 1