Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview de garcia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

Interview de garcia Empty
PostSubject: Interview de garcia   Interview de garcia EmptySat 17 Sep 2005 - 12:39

Luis, a great win in Betis to kick-start the Champions League group stages...

"Yes, it was a very good win because we knew it would be a very difficult game against Real Betis. They have some very good players but we got the win and now we can look forward to the next game."

And another nice goal for you in Europe...

"Yes, it is always nice to score goals and it was a nice goal. I knew that Bolo Zenden always likes to cross early and I just tried to arrive before the defender, which I managed to do. I think it was a very good goal because it was the second goal and it gave us the opportunity to control the game."

Was it nice for you to score back in your home country?

"Yes, it was very nice. It was good for me to score a goal back in Spain and I like scoring goals."

Does getting a win there against a very good team give you a lot of confidence?

"They have a very good team and in the second half they put in a very good performance against us. I think it was a very good result for us."

It's a tough group isn't it, with Chelsea again and Anderlecht to come?

"Chelsea again! I think we are going to play against them more times than any other team this season. We know if we play as well as we did in the first half against Real Betis in our other matches we can do it and go through to the next round."

Do you think Liverpool can win the Champions League again this season?

"Well, last season was a surprise for a lot of people but maybe this year people will have more respect for us. Of course we are going to try and win it again. We know it is very difficult to win it again but we know what we have to do and we will try to win it."

You have made a good start to the season personally, scoring a couple of goals including the winning one in the Super Cup Final...

"I think this is going to be a good season for me because this is my second one in England. In my first season in England I was learning about English football. I have to always do my best and try and do much better than last year. I know what I have to do and I have changed some things to my game. I think this season will be much better for me."

You finished joint top scorer last season with 13 goals along with Steven Gerrard and Milan Baros. That wasn't a bad return was it?

"No it wasn't bad but I think I can do a lot better this season. Everyone can be better and this season I will try to be better and I will do it."

Next up in the league is Manchester United. It's a game that the supporters always look forward to, isn't it?

"Yes, for the supporters and for the club I think it is one of the best games of the season in the Premiership. We are looking forward to it because we know if we play well and at our best then we can win the game and push for the top places in the Premiership."

Is there an overall feeling in the squad that this will be a much better season in the Premiership for Liverpool?

"Yes, we hope so. I think we have started consistently in the games in the league - drawing two and winning one. We have done well so far and last season we lost too many games away from home and didn't draw much. I think this season the most important thing is to try to do much better away from home."

Manchester United beat Liverpool twice last season but do you take heart from the fact that both were close affairs with you losing 2-1 away and 1-0 at Anfield?

"In those type of games anything can happen because we realise it is a different game to the others. I remember the game at Anfield. We lost 1-0 last year because it was a very tough game but I think on Sunday it will be much better for us."

You have played in a variety of positions for Liverpool, be it on the right, left or just off the striker. Do you mind where you play?

"You always have a preferred position. I like playing just behind the striker because there is much more space and more things you can do but I don't mind if I have to play on the left or the right. It depends on what the manager wants for the team."

The fans would like to know about your goal celebration when you put your thumb in your mouth after scoring a goal?

"I have a son who was born last year and I like to celebrate like I do because it is for him. I have also seen the supporters copy me and join in when I score and I like it very much."

And finally, have you heard the Luis Garcia song that started up in Taksim Square on the eve of the Champions League final? It's the Luis Garcia drinks Sangria one!

"Yes, it's nice. When you are on the pitch and you hear the supporters singing it, it's good for you because you know the supporters are there for you and right behind you."
Back to top Go down

Interview de garcia
Page 1 of 1