Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine Empty
PostSubject: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008 - 12:03

STEVIE: WE'VE LET OURSELVES DOWN
Liverpoolfc.tv 27 February 2008
Steven Gerrard admits this season has been a big disappointment at Anfield.
In a frank and revealing interview with LFC Magazine, the club captain admits the Reds have failed to live up to expectations this year.

But Gerrard does believe the club's loyal fans can take hope from the turnaround witnessed at the Emirates, where just a year ago Arsene Wenger's side were themselves struggling to clinch a Champions League spot.

"You don't get any prizes in football for finishing in second place, never mind fourth," he said.

"I don't think that the fans would accept fourth as an accomplishment and for me it's not nearly good enough. We need to improve dramatically and even if we do finish fourth, it doesn't mean we have had a good season.

"In the position we find ourselves now, fourth is the least that is acceptable. But we have bigger ambitions than that.

"The only way we can fulfil those ambitions is in the Champions League. And I am not going to pretend that even winning that trophy - and we are a long way away from it at the moment - will make up for the disappointment of the league campaign."

Gerrard admits the sight of Man Utd and Arsenal at least 14 points away in the league is painful.

"I'm pretty gutted every time I look at the table and see the gap between us and Arsenal at the top, and even the gap between us and second and third," he said.

"We believed we had the players to challenge for the title, and we wanted that one more than any other trophy available to us. I still believe we have the squad to be a hell of a lot more.

"I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

"We can't keep talking about next season all the time. There are only so many times you can say it and believe it. Sooner or later we have to make one season the season we make it happen and do the talking on the pitch.

"We need to make people believe it. I'm 27 now, I don't want to be talking about 'next season' for Liverpool when I'm 32.

"We've got the stadium, the fans, the manager and the players to compete for the Premier League. But we have no chance of doing that if we are always well out of it by the first week in January.

"We've not gone backwards. There's no way that's the case. I look around the dressing room at Melwood and there's much more quality and depth in the squad than we had this time last year. It's not even up for debate.

"How could you say signing players of the calibre of Torres and Babel is a sign of a team going in any other direction than forwards?

"We've only lost three games all season in the league, but we've drawn too many games."

Gerrard added: "At the moment we have our work cut out fighting it out with Villa, Everton and Manchester City for fourth.

"Only we can make this season a success now. We'd like to finish fourth and win the European Cup again.

"But the demands of being a Liverpool player, the expectations that come with the privilege of pulling on that jersey, mean we've got to improve."

Though Liverpool are out of this year's race, Gerrard and co can still have a say in where the silver trophy ends up, with trips to Old Trafford and the Emirates still to come.

Not that this is any consolation for the Huyton-born midfielder.

He said: "You make your own luck, shape your own destiny. And now we soon have massive games at Manchester United and Arsenal, knowing we can't win the league.

"We are not bothered about whether we have an impact on the title race we're not in. But winning at both those places would send out a message for next season. That would lay down a marker that no-one would ignore."

One consolation for Gerrard is the turnaround seen in north London over the last 18 months. Last season Arsenal were themselves struggling to clinch a Champions League spot – now they're three points clear at the top of the Premier League.

Gerrard said: "I believe Arsenal's turnaround has been remarkable. They've lost only one game all season and have given themselves a great chance of winning the title.

"If they've done it this season then there's no reason we can't next."

Je suis trés content que Gerrard parle et assume. Il est vraiment déçu et ne veut pas se contenter d'une CL avec une 4ème place. Il parle de fierté de porter le red shirt bravo et ne comprend pas comment l'équipe se retouve aussi loin en PL avec la qualité du squad. Excellente analyse Stevie rire
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008 - 12:31

c'est bien qu'il ne veuille pas se contenter de cela... mais pourtant il n'y a plus que ça! donc prenons ce qu'il reste! je pense que si au début de la saison, pas grand monde parlait de CL à cause de l'objectif PL, maintenant tout le monde en rêve!champ tifo
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008 - 14:04

C'est vrai que pour Gerrard et Carra tout particulièrement, ce doit être très frustrant de ne pas gagner le Graal qu'est la PL. On y croit tous, j'espère qu'eux ne développe pas un complexe d'infériorité.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine EmptyThu 28 Feb 2008 - 23:14

l'équipe.fr reprends une partie de l'ITW de Gerrard, notamment la partie ou il se dit frustré de se voir si loin de Arsenal & Co alors que l'effectif est si riche et que tout est réuni pour faire mieux que sa.

déjà qu'on joueur de sa trempe le reconnaisse c'est bien, il admet la situation difficile que traverse Liverpool en ce moment et ne veut pas toujours se contenter des places d'honneur en championnat.

et je ne pense vraiment pas qu'ils développent un complexe de ce genre, ce sont des grands joueurs, il savent accepter les situations difficiles et y font face, le mental, je crois pas que sa soit un point faible, j'ai grandement confiance de ce côté là. j'esp^ère que sa se confirmera, surtout l'année prochaine! si on est mieux placé et pas loin des 1er, sa va tourner a plein régime et sans prise de tête Smile
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine EmptyFri 29 Feb 2008 - 3:27

c'est gerrard quoi!! wink LFC scarf
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine EmptySun 2 Mar 2008 - 12:08

RAFA: I'D NEVER WANT TO LOSE STEVIE

Rafael Benitez today reiterated his desire to ensure Steven Gerrard remains a Liverpool player.
Despite yet more speculation about Gerrard's future appearing over the last few days, Benitez is adamant his skipper is vital to the club's dreams of bringing more silverware to Anfield in the future.

"I don't want to lose him and I don't think the board would want to sell him," said Benitez.

"Clearly I want him to be with us next season and for the next few years because I have confidence we can win titles - and when I say titles it could be the Champions League or the Premier League.

"We can win any of these titles and I think it will be easier for us to win trophies with Steven Gerrard.

"Gerrard is a good player because on the pitch he can change things and score goals. And that is the key for me.

"I have some meetings with him and we talk about ideas."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine   Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview de Gerrard dans lfc magazine
Page 1 of 1