Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: match report   Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2005 - 13:35

Excellent match report Redpassion.

You have hit the nail on the head with what went wrong here. I was in a London pub to catch this match.( I am pleased to say there were many Reds there too) Warnock seemed to decide that he was playing in midfield when he should have been playing left back! I too thought Raffa had started the match with a formation of three at the back until I realised it was just Warnock not getting back to his position. this resulted in both goals, both of them came from the left. El Flaco is clearly not match fit and I am not going to criticise him so early in his career. Morientes is no fitter than El Flaco but it doesn't have the direct effect of costing us a goal. The first goal came about because of a comedy of errors due directly to Warnock having gone missing. Hyypia's ball to El Flaco was not good and El Flaco looked very ponderous and was duly robbed. Having said that Dudek was beaten at his near post which is in my book a schoolboy error. Other than that Dudek played well and had to come off his line several times to snuff out dangerous situations.

The second goal again came from the left with Warnock nowhere in sight! Unfortunatley Carra who has been magnificent this season went to sleep. He just was not aware that Crouch was behind him and again we paid a heavy price for another two individual errors. OK Raffa pulled Warnock off at half time and this was an awful performance from him. But the damage was done and the Saints just defended in numbers.

The only criticism I would make of Raffa was his decision to punish Djimi Traore for his own goal at Burnley by leaving him out of the side.

We paid a heavy price for that decision. You do have to ask what Raffa can do though. He will be damned if he doesnt take some action to punish the players guilty of terrible individual mistakes, he is also being damned when he does.

I can repeat that it is at moments like this when evrything is going badly for the club that we have to show our support for the manager and the team. It is easy to be a Red when we are winning but it is now when you have to stand up and be counted, because it is now when the team and the manager need our support.

"Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown."

And hold your head up high and be proud to say you are a Liverpool supporter.

You'll never walk alone.
LFC scarf
Back to top Go down
clivethe

Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool   Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2005 - 14:11

bravo superbe article!!avec une dose d'optimisme a la fin avec les supporters brillant gloirea
Back to top Go down

Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2