Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

interview de momo sissoko

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

interview de momo sissoko Empty
PostSubject: interview de momo sissoko   interview de momo sissoko EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006 - 19:06

un musulman en interview un autre.
ça vient de l'offal.
momo is a top class guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
My journey is just about to begin as the M62 ends and we approach the City of Liverpool. My cousin Moshin Pandor and mutual friend Saqib Basharat have accompanied me from West Yorkshire and are eagerly anticipating their first visit to Melwood.

We arrive in good time, about 45 minutes early, so we decide to look around before I go in. Passers by and onlookers try to get a glimpse of their heroes by trying to scale the outside walls and climbing on top of their cars and taking pictures. I'm amazed at how the locals' unyielding support for the club has never waned since the euphoria that was the Champions League victory in Istanbul last year.

I take a step back and admire the view from a distance when suddenly a football flies over the training ground towards me. I pick the ball up with a leering smile as the locals keep their eyes on the ball. I pass it to Moshin, also a Liverpool supporter, who looks at the ball with obvious delight.

An Oriental tourist nearby armed with a camera starts taking pictures and demands that Moshin gives him the ball. Moshin stands firm (all 6ft of him). "No" is the answer, whilst shaking his head. The tourist unrepentantly stands back and says, "Can I touch the ball?" Before Moshin can answer, he touches the ball with both hands for a few seconds, and walks away with a smile on his face, content in the fact that he has somehow indirectly come into contact with the players.

A security guard comes out and asks if he can have the ball back, and we oblige. We introduce ourselves to him and as he acknowledges me, he adds: "You'll get a few brownie points for this mate."

As I walk into Melwood, Moshin, and Saqib – a Leeds United fan, wait outside as I park my car. They are happily chatting away to the security team, one of whom looks at his tubby frame and says, "I'll love to have a kick about with that lot (LFC team) but have you seen the state of me?" before bursting into hysterics. "You would have been useful as a keeper!" adds Moshin discreetly.

Now for the matter at hand. After chatting to a couple of journalists who are waiting for some of the other players, I'm told Momo is on his way, so I wait. A few minutes later, I'm introduced to the man himself.

I shake Momo's hand and I utter the Arabic phrase "Asalamu – Alaikum" (Peace be upon you) "Wa'alaikum - Salaam" (and peace be upon you too), replies Momo.

Momo has successfully battled against the Premiership hard men with the kind of fearlessness that has left even Rafa Benitez publicly declaring Sissoko the Premiership's new Patrick Vieira: Standing at 6ft 2, broad shoulders, and a never-say-die attitude, this unique young man has left Premiership and European opponents confounded.

When asked about Rafa Benitez comparing him to Vieira, a humble Momo is almost embarrassed by the comparison.

"When the coach speaks highly of me, I'm happy. At the moment I'm happy with my performances on the pitch and I am confident, and my family is happy. Every day I work hard to become a better player in the future. I am young; I'm only 21 so every day it's just about training and more training."

I ask Momo about what was going through his head when he got injured on that fateful night in Benfica. He sits back in his seat and explains how a juxtaposition of thoughts was forming in his head whilst he was being stretchered off.

"I was asking for God to protect my eyes. The injury was very bad, not just for me, but for my parents and the people of my country. But I'm ok now, I can see everything ok. My parents were on the phone all the time but now they are happy."

Casting his mind back to his childhood, Momo speaks about his tough upbringing. Born in the district of Mont Saint Agnain in Rouen, France, Momo, along with his 15 siblings,
were brought up by parents Mohamed and Fatou, in Troyes on the outskirts of Paris. He feels he owes what he has become today to the efforts of his parents.

"Playing for Liverpool is very important for me. When I was young I wanted to work for my family because we were very poor," he said. "I wanted my family to have a good house because we didn't have a lot of living space and a lot of other good things. My dad had to wake up at 5am every day to go to work. Both my parents worked very hard. But now everything is ok. I have a lot of things – every day I pray and give thanks."

The Mali international finds himself, with Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, and Dietmar Hamann, amongst arguably the Premiership's most talented group of central midfielders.
However, he believes Liverpool do not focus or rely on an individual. "Steven Gerrard is a good player; Jamie Carragher is different but a good player and also Xabi Alonso. We have a lot of players who are very good. For me it is about the team, not just one player. We are confident, and when every player has confidence, everything on the pitch is ok."
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview de momo sissoko   interview de momo sissoko EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006 - 19:07

Mohanned Bhana on Momo
Sometimes you forget Sissoko is so young. However he is mature far beyond his 21 years. Level headed and a proud Liverpool player through and through. This young man will be frightening Premiership midfielders for years to come. In my view he could possibly become a future captain in about 5 years' time. In an era when footballers are deemed as being vain and selfish, a new non-egotistical generation of young footballers is being nurtured at Melwood. Rafa has picked up on the old Shankly and Paisley managerial tradition. And in an era of general globalization he has added an international feel to the squad and will stop at nothing to place Liverpool back where they belong – on top of the world.
A confident Mohammad insists Liverpool can win the Champions League trophy next year. "I think this team is very good, and next season when new players will arrive, this will make the team more compact. We did well to become European champions last year and we can do it again."

Momo is now focusing firmly on the 'important' semi final game against Chelsea. "That will be a hard game as they have good players. Makelele is one of the best Chelsea players and so is Lampard. But we have some very good players too and we are preparing very well."

When asked who the characters in the dressing room are, a shy Momo shows a side to him never seen before. A youthful form of exuberance and innocence manifests itself as he nervously laughs and singles out Peter Crouch and Djibril Cisse as the two that make him laugh. "When I see Cisse's clothing and Crouchie's dancing in the dressing room it's funny."

When I ask if he is also a funny guy Momo thinks about his answer and searches for an adequate reply before I step in and add: "You're just a normal guy?" He breathes a sigh of relief and his innocence once again emerges with a smile that wouldn't go amiss on a child. "Yeah just a normal guy," he says.

Momo insists if youngsters have dreams and aspirations of emulating their heroes, they should be prepared to put in the time and effort. "For me it is about working hard all the time. When I was in school I used to respect everyone and everything and concentrate on my work and my football. For Muslims and non Muslims alike, having pride is a bad thing so for me in the beginning I had to work very hard for my family because I wanted to Insha Allah (God willing) make them happy and for them to have good things. So from the beginning I had this in my head."

As I end the interview I ask Momo to sign a few autographs for my friends and for our Editor-in-chief Sarah Joseph's 10-year-old son. I then ask if he can sign my Liverpool shirt. He says, "No problem. Would you like all the players' signatures?" How could I refuse such an offer? Five minutes later I'm the owner of a signed Liverpool shirt courtesy of Mohammad.

After a quick snap with a camera we bid farewell with "Asalamu–alaikum", and "Wa'alaikum Salaam", and we shake hands before going our separate ways.

I get to speak to Sami Hyppia and Steven Gerrard before I leave Melwood and meet Moshin and Saqib who are sat outside in my car. They had been happily chatting to the locals and comparing the cars of the Liverpool players. They also managed to get a few autographs off Jamie Carragher from some of the locals who flagged him down as he was leaving Melwood. I gave Moshin his autographs of Gerrard and Hyppia and showed him the Liverpool shirt. Saqib the Leeds fan insists the shirt would be good to clean the windows. At this point he realizes he may have to walk back to Yorkshire and sits quietly, similarly to the way he sat dumbfounded when Liverpool roared to victory in Istanbul last year.

Momo is a player who describes himself as 'a man without any pride'. I understand why Rafa has so much time for him: a gentle giant who transforms himself into a fearless player on the pitch. He seemingly respects Benitez almost as a father figure. It is no surprise that Liverpool fans have accepted ‘Mohammad" or Momo, as he is affectionately known, as one of their own.

At the Liverpool game against Bolton I am sat in the Press box and I notice Momo is on the bench. When asked if Sissoko was not involved because he was on a booking, Rafa simply replied, "Yeah that was the idea." This could give Momo an extended rest in order for him to be at his best against Chelsea.

One player that caught my eye in the game against Bolton was Xabi Alonso. He was clearly up for a game before the match even started. As the other players started leaving the pitch in order to come back on when "You'll Never Walk Alone" would start playing across the stadium, Xabi stayed on the pitch for an extra minute which culminated in a shot from the half way line that just fell beneath the cross bar onto the roof of the net. I just looked at some fans sitting opposite and we were all in awe. During the game he was covering every inch of grass. If he misplaced a pass he would do his utmost to retrieve the ball and allow Gerrard to go forward.

I asked Rafa if he thought Xabi had a good game. "It was difficult for all the players. But the midfielders are strong in the middle and it was difficult for them. It was important to work hard in the middle and Xabi is a holding midfielder. He had a lot of work to do and has done a very good job," added Rafa.

What struck me about Rafa was his humbleness. Although he is a tactical genius he does not feel the need to tell the world that he is – that's what people like myself are here for. I observed this man during the Bolton game from the press box and at the press conference after the match. Maybe that's a cynical thing to do. But I have to say I have nothing but admiration for the man as I quickly realised he knows exactly what he is doing – he has perfected every little detail. He can also be ruthless when he needs to be. He's no pushover! Far from it! He can pick from many high profile managerial jobs in the world, yet he chooses to stay with Liverpool. The club has some very loyal servants, from the manager all the way down to the admin team.

Sometimes you forget Sissoko is so young. However he is mature far beyond his 21 years. Level headed and a proud Liverpool player through and through. This young man will be frightening Premiership midfielders for years to come. In my view he could possibly become a future captain in about 5 years' time. In an era when footballers are deemed as being vain and selfish, a new non-egotistical generation of young footballers is being nurtured at Melwood. Rafa has picked up on the old Shankly and Paisley managerial tradition. And in an era of general globalization he has added an international feel to the squad and will stop at nothing to place Liverpool back where they belong – on top of the world.

Momo's commitment, maturity, and above all strong family values are not dissimilar to many Scousers. Those qualities have helped him become the man he is today – a star in waiting. Under Benitez's guidance he will only improve and become a legend.

He's a role model for young Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Momo's life is already a rags to riches story that any Hollywood producer wouldn't shy away from. But Momo Sissoko isn't that vain. He just wants to play for Liverpool Football club, please his family, and hear the adoring Liverpool fans chant his name. Liverpool fans from all backgrounds appreciate him, and even the journalists admire him! And I'm sure Shankly and Paisley would be proud.

Translated in Arabic, the word Mohammad means 'Praised one', someone who defines and implements his beliefs, always on the fast track. An excellent planner and organiser. Likes to focus on detail.

Sissoko is worthy of the name ‘Mohammad', as a footballer, a Muslim, and an adopted Scouser.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview de momo sissoko   interview de momo sissoko EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006 - 21:10

superbe !!! :clap merci autumn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interview de momo sissoko   interview de momo sissoko Empty

Back to top Go down

interview de momo sissoko
Page 1 of 1