Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

un article de la bbc sur le heysel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

un article de la bbc sur le heysel Empty
PostSubject: un article de la bbc sur le heysel   un article de la bbc sur le heysel EmptyMon 28 Mar 2005 - 4:20

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A713909

attention cecei n'est pas une tentative d'explication des faits!!!!on explique rien ,on excuse personne.
voici un article qui raconte comment de nombreux fans de liverpool se sont fait agresser à rome en 1984.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It can be argued that the Heysel Stadium Tragedy really began the year before. Liverpool, perhaps the greatest club side England has ever produced, had reached the European Cup Final for the fourth time in their history. Unusually, they were to start the match as underdogs, as by a strange quirk, the Final was to be held on the home ground of their opponents, AS Roma.

Roma were confident of victory. However, after a dour, tense game, Liverpool won in a penalty shoot-out. The next day, the English press carried page after page of pictures of the winning side, and dozens of pictures of delirious 'Scousers' ('Scouser' being a slang term for a native of Liverpool) dancing in the Trevi fountain. What received rather less coverage was the roaming scooter gangs hunting down Liverpool supporters, stabbing and slashing dozens, many of whom were family groups returning to hotels in the area. One 13-year-old boy was almost ripped apart, needing 200 stitches in his face alone. Many hoteliers refused to let their English guests in, either out of spite or for fear of subsequent attacks on their premises. There was little protection from the Police, who routinely attacked and robbed English supporters in revenge for the defeat of the local team. Before the match, stewards and gate attendants had taken hundreds of watches, cameras and items of jewellery from visiting supporters. That night, many desperate English fans, deserted by Italian coach drivers booked to drive them to Rome airport, sought sanctuary at the British Embassy.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: un article de la bbc sur le heysel   un article de la bbc sur le heysel EmptyMon 28 Mar 2005 - 4:48

Tragedy still fresh in Juve memory

Paolo Menicucci in Milan
Saturday March 19, 2005
The Guardian

Fabio Capello admitted yesterday that there was no escaping the shadow of Heysel. "It will be a great opportunity to remember what happened 20 years ago and avoid something like that happening again in the future," said the Juventus coach.

"We had spoken with Liverpool directors about the possibility of meeting ahead of the draw," added the Juventus commercial director Romy Gay. "And we said we would mark the events of 20 years ago if we did so. This match will be a special occasion for both clubs to renew an extremely friendly relationship. We know that Liverpool would like to commemorate the victims of that disaster, and so do ours."

Article continues
After such a long break since the clubs met, the authorities in Italy hope that Juventus fans have abandoned any thoughts of a vendetta.

Yesterday, however, the Press Association reported that threats were already being posted on the websites of "ultras", the club's hardline followers, including one which read: "Now it is Liverpool's turn to be shot".

Another supporter posted a picture of masked Italian hooligans, including a young man wielding a metal pipe, and wrote: "The boy with the pipe is one of the leading supporters nowadays. Don't expect him to shake hands with Pool fans. Violence will occur, I'm sure of it."

During the intervening 20 years the majority of supporters have tried to heal the hurt by creating an Association of the Heysel's Victims, founded by Otello Lorentini, who was at the Heysel stadium with his son Roberto.

Roberto, a 31-year-old doctor, died while trying to help an injured fan and was honoured by the Italian president.

The association was prominent in keeping the victims' memories alive, even opposing the decision to rename the stadium. During Euro 2000 Italian players laid flowers at a plaque commemorating the 39 dead. The azzurri captain Paolo Maldini laid a bouquet of white flowers at the memorial, and silently stepped back as he crossed himself. "I continue to call it Heysel," Maldini said on that occasion. "The tendency is to forget that tragedy too quickly, and that's not right. We want to remember."

Paolo Rossi, Italy's 1982 World Cup hero, played in the European Cup final, which Juventus won 1-0 with a Michel Platini penalty. "What I remember most of that night is that we could not believe what we were watching," he recalled yesterday.

"I could never imagine that someone could die just for a football game. In the locker room they were telling us that the kick-off was delayed but we never understood the real entity of the tragedy. At the end of the game we only wanted to run away from that stadium as quickly as possible.

"Today the situation is different because the security of the fans is regarded as a very important matter. It was not the same 20 years ago."

The Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero was 11 in 1985. "I remember I was playing football in front of my house waiting for the game to start," he said. "I couldn't understand why it was taking so long.

"My parents kept telling me to stay downstairs, that the game wasn't starting. They wanted to keep me from seeing those scenes of death. I saw the match without knowing why there was a delay, only finding out the next day from my friends."

The Association of the Heysel's Victims was critical of Juventus for not giving back the trophy they won, claiming it would be a gesture that would help make sure the event was never forgotten.

Andrea Lorentini, Roberto's son, is now 23. "I was three years old at that time," he told the Turin-based daily La Stampa. "But I have been told exactly what happened that night and in the following years.

"I'm still angry when I think about Juventus players celebrating that success after the game running around the pitch with the trophy.

"I'm also angry because some of the players said that they cancelled the memory of Heysel when they won the Intercontinenatal Cup the following December. A tragedy cannot be cancelled by winning another trophy."
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: un article de la bbc sur le heysel   un article de la bbc sur le heysel EmptyMon 28 Mar 2005 - 20:14

voici une citation d'un posteur de www.ynwa.tv que je cautionne tout à fait:

Quote :
It is human nature to search for scapegoats; look at the example of The Sin and the West Yorkshire police. Heysel is full of potential scapegoat material ... the Roma game the year before, the decrepit stadium selected for the game, the alleged influx of non-Liverpool supporting thugs from Chelsea and West Ham, the lack of segregation, the allocation of neutrals tickets to Juve fans besides Liverpool fans, the quality of secure fencing, the ineptitude of the Belgian police and get annoyed at the prevailing circumstances of the game ... that it was played anyway, the penalty that never was, the awarding of the trophy, and the lap of honour but at the end of the day, no matter how sensible people look at it, there is enough shameful evidence that the behaviour of some Liverpool supporters caused deaths at a football match.

Have we learned nothing? The tears of sorrow and grief that we have shed over Hillsborough should not become tears of self indulgent frustration and self pitying anger over Heysel. We are above and beyond that ... or should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: un article de la bbc sur le heysel   un article de la bbc sur le heysel Empty

Back to top Go down

un article de la bbc sur le heysel
Page 1 of 1