Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Owen

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Owen - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen   Owen - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2005 - 16:10

Well at long last this sorry saga has drawn to close and I for one am not totally unhappy at the outcome. Michael Owen who deliberatley ran down his contract at Liverpool to put himself in a position to demand higher wages at Real Madrid finally got what he deserved yesterday. A place in a side that is not in Europe and has won nothing in 50 years.

I ask myself was this the same player who said he was leaving us to go to club where he could win more medals?

And if he had really wanted to rejoin us all he had to was exactly the same as Baros did and Morientes did and say no I am not going there. But Michael Owen showed that his wish to "Desperately" rejoin Liverpool was nothing more than lip service.

I am not unhappy Owen is not coming back because he would not have fitted into our side and I don't want us to go back to the long boot up the park for Owen to chase. Also I think that this saga has damaged the club, how? because

1, we undermined Benitez in putting pressure on him to bring back a player who had walked out on him 12 months ago

2 We caused possibly irrepairable damage to the relations between Raffa and certain players who would have been discarded unfairly to make way for the Mighty Owen. The treatment Djibril Cisse has had to endure is not the type of treatment we normally associate ourselves with at Liverpool, and certain people involved should be ashamed of it.

3 If he had come back there could have been the danger of the player becoming bigger than the club and that should never be allowed to happen.

I hope that all concerned with this saga can learn from their mistakes and work hard to support Raffa and his players for the coming season.

As for Owen I sincerely hope Newcastle are relegated which believe me even with him might not be that far from the truth.

I think the main lesson to be learned here is that Raffa has the right idea when signing players you don't believe a word they tell you and proceed in the best interests of the club at all times and don't be overcome by emotion.
Back to top Go down

Owen
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6