Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aquilani to be loaned out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Aquilani to be loaned out Empty
PostSubject: Aquilani to be loaned out   Aquilani to be loaned out EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010 - 10:50

The story below comes a no real surprise, he has never looked the part since he arrived and has never seemed up to the rigours of the Prem. Lack of heart seems to be his biggest problem. Another of Benitez' wonderful buys. So where are the " In Rafa we trust" brigade now?

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has revealed out-of-favour midfielder Alberto Aquilani is set to return to Italy.

The injury-hit playmaker has struggled to make an impact after moving to Anfield from Roma and discussions are under way for him to return to his home country.

The 26-year-old was signed by former Reds manager Rafa Benitez as a replacement for the influential Xabi Alonso but his first season on Merseyside was hampered by injuries.

Aquilani had a history of injury problems when he joined in a reported £20million deal and it was more than two months into last season before he made his debut for the club.

Hodgson said: "At the moment we are considering possibly loaning him to an Italian club, but nothing is sure about that yet so I don't have anything definite to report.

"I didn't want to use him (against Trabzonspor) just in case the loan goes through, because for Aquilani this year it's very important that he plays regular football, every week, as the number one man on the teamsheet.

"I can't promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties.

"It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year."
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Aquilani to be loaned out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquilani to be loaned out   Aquilani to be loaned out EmptySat 21 Aug 2010 - 22:09

Well it was only a matter of time, personally I don't think he will come back to Liverpool he never seemed to have the heart for the Prem.

Liverpool flop Aquilani follows Hodgson's advice and agrees loan move to Juventus By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 5:38 PM on 21st August 2010

Liverpool have announced an agreement with Juventus for Alberto Aquilani to return to Serie A on loan this season.
Aquilani will join The Old Lady for a year subject to a medical - to be held on Monday - in a bid to gain regular first-team football.
On the move: Aquilani
The Italian joined the Anfield club from Roma a year ago to replace Real Madrid-bound Xabi Alonso but persistent injury problems limited his impact under previous boss Rafael Benitez, who has since been replaced by Roy Hodgson.
Hodgson recently acquired Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen from Juve, but speculation continues to link Javier Mascherano with a move to Spain or Italy.
Aquilani's exit, therefore, threatens to leave the Reds' midfield ranks depleted should the Argentina skipper secure his move away with Barcelona and Inter Milan sniffing around.
Former Inter boss Hodgson has seemingly kept one wolf at the door by receiving assurances from his old friend, Inter president Massimo Moratti, that they would not poach any of his stars.
'I spoke to Massimo Moratti on Wednesday about the fact that they are not going to buy any Liverpool players, and (Dirk) Kuyt comes into that category,' Hodgson told liverpoolfc.tv.
'I believe Inter were only interested in two of our players and they are not going to buy them. Moratti said they are not going to do that. Kuyt is not for sale.'

Back to top Go down

Aquilani to be loaned out
Page 1 of 1