Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blackburn v Liverpool

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Blackburn v Liverpool Empty
PostSubject: Blackburn v Liverpool   Blackburn v Liverpool EmptySun 6 Dec 2009 - 18:28

Accentuate the positives.

This performance was not pretty but it was what we needed to do. At last we are getting back to basics. A point away from home is a good result.
Three clean sheets on the trot. That is a fact and at last we have stopped leaking goals like a sieve.

I have been saying for some time that this is what we needed to do. tighten up at the back and start getting clean sheets this is the foundation stone
on which Rafa needs to build. Clean sheets give confidence to the defence and that confidence gradually builds through the rest of the team. I am sure we will see the results of this in the coming fixtures.

I was lucky I only got see the highlights, as this was not a pretty match to watch, Mercifully the editors left 30 minutes of it on the cutting room floor but as I said given our recent run of results this was all about the result and nothing to do with the performance.

At least realism is dawning on our fans now and we know what our targets are for the season, no more talk of winning the league or CL we are in what I believe will be a tough fight for fourth place and we could be as much as 4 points adrift of Arsenal in 4th if Spurs win at Everton today. We need to continue building confidence in the side and look to put together a sustainable run of results to get us up the table and into fourth this will mean beating the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Man City these matches are now our cup finals. A run in the Europa league and FA cup would be nice as long as they don't affect our ability to get that all important fourth spot. I don't believe that Rafa would survive even if he won the FA cup or had a good run in Europa League. I don't think we are good enough to win it at least not on the basis of what we have seen so far. Unless Aqulani has a magic wand or Rafa can pull a rabbit out a hat in January?
Back to top Go down

Blackburn v Liverpool
Page 1 of 1