Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

les finales de 1977 et 1978

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

les finales de 1977 et 1978 Empty
PostSubject: les finales de 1977 et 1978   les finales de 1977 et 1978 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2005 - 12:46

voici le post de case sur les finales de 1977 et 1978
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... About a half hour of each.

You know the way that we all picked out little things we'd noticed about this year's victory, having watched the game again, such as Xabi pretty much TELLING Dida where he was going to put the kick by staring at that corner of the goal?!!

Well, I was just 14/15 when we won in '77 and '78 and I had forgotten a few things about the finals back then....

1) Rainher Bonhof hitting the post in Rome before we'd scored.
2) Ray Clemence's save from Stileke at 1-1, coming out to block a through ball..
3) ... the photographers running on the pich, then behind the goal before Phil Neal's penalty, Cally with his hands together, prayer style.
4) Absolutely NO Camera close-ups!
5) The advertising hordings around the pitch ... "SKOL Lager!", "Citizen Quartz!"

and at Wembley ...

1) The sheer number of chances we had. Kennedy and Case had great great chances in the first half, Terry Mac should have scored early in the second...
2) The fact that the Belgian centre back was a trained physiotherapist and "cured himself" of an injury to make the final according to Brian Moore!
3) Graeme SOW-Ness (Thanks again Brian...)
4) When Terry Mac's shot was saved second half, that Jensen, the Bruges keeper saved it with his nadgers. Meanwhile Souness had lamped a player (Cu) in the middle of the park. Ronnie Moran came on to tend to the Hungarian, while the Belgian physio went to rub some keepertestes back in the goalmouth.
5) Emlyn Hughes at Left Back. Seems so obvious now as Hansen and Thommo were playing, but you forget these things, don't you?
6) I think (could be wrong) that I saw Colin Irwin warming up at the start? (Maybe someone could clarify.....)

Apparently, Tommy Smith couldn't play at Wemvbley becuase he dropped an ornamental axe on his foot!

And finally, you forget sometimes, but Stevie Heighway and Jimmy Case were some players. Memory says that Heighway was a bit lightweight and that Jimmy was just a Hard-Man (and to be fair, he did kick the Belgian Right-Back out of the area at Wembley), but he could play. He had a brilliant touch, and great vision.

Happy days for me. I'd had an appendix operation in 1977, just 5 or 6 days before the final. I remember watching the FA Cup Final in hospital, and I cried my eyes out, which made my operation scars hurt, which meant I cried, which made my etc.. etc... But we battered the Germans days later and everything was rosy.

Seeing all this made me realise just how we'll see today's heroes in focus in a few years time.

I don't want 2005 to end.
Back to top Go down

les finales de 1977 et 1978
Page 1 of 1