Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raffa happy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

Raffa happy? Empty
PostSubject: Raffa happy?   Raffa happy? EmptySun 14 Aug 2005 - 19:56

Rafael Benitez believes his side will perform much better away from home this season following an encouraging opening day display at Middlesbrough.
Liverpool dominated proceedings and had plenty of chances to score, but ultimately were left frustrated as the home side held out for a goalless draw.

Benitez insists his side should have won, but took enough positive signs from the game to tell him the team will enjoy better fortunes on their travels this year.

He said: "When you defend well, restrict the opposition to hardly any chances and have opportunities to score yourself then you have to be pleased.

"We have lost a couple of points today but all I can say is that the team did a good job and already I can see that we are going to be better away from home than last season.

"In the second half we pushed forward more and wanted to attack them. Steven Gerrard scored seven goals in pre-season, but today just wasn't his day. He had four opportunities to score, two or three of them very clear.

"I am pleased with the performance. One of the things we spoke about was keeping a clean sheet and we managed that. All we needed was a goal but I'm not too disappointed because I know we played well. Now we need to look forward to the next away game and make sure we do the same things again."

site officiel.
Back to top Go down

Raffa happy?
Page 1 of 1