Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc Empty
PostSubject: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 19:24

rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc Reuters

Benitez aims to be Liverpool's best manager
Thu May 19, 2005 04:33 PM BST
By Jeremy Butler

LIVERPOOL, England May 19 (Reuters) - Rafael Benitez wants to take his first step to becoming Liverpool's greatest manager by beating AC Milan and lifting the Champions League trophy next Wednesday.

The Spaniard has a lot to live up to with predecessors such as Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan taking Liverpool to glory.

"In all the clubs I have worked at people talk to me about statistics, but I would like to leave them to the end of my time there," Benitez told reporters on Thursday.

"Normally, I have very good statistics. I was at Extremadura then Tenerife and then Valencia; and I have the best statistics in the history of each club when I was there.

"I have done it at three clubs. Now I will try and do the same here. It will be very, very difficult, I know, because the history of this club is so big.

"But I have 20 years of my life as a manager yet, and I have four more years left on my contract and that is a lot of time.

"I am very confident and I want to win things. I know there are good teams in Europe and in England, but if you don't believe in yourself, it will be impossible."

Liverpool have earned a place in the final despite poor Premier League form, losing 11 times away from home.

"Some teams play better in league and some in cups. We do well in cups. We have played a lot of difficult sides, but after beating Juventus I think the players started to feel they could win the Champions League."

Liverpool pulled off a surprise win over the Serie A leaders in the Champions League quarter-finals then beat Premier League champions Chelsea in the semi-finals.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 19:43

Ah c'est sûr que s'il repart de Liverpool avec les meilleures stats pour un manager, après ce qu'ont fait Shankly et Paisley en particulier, c'est qu'il aura réalisé quelque chose de monumental, notre Rafa !

Mais au risque de passer pour un doux rêveur ou pour un incorrigible optimiste, je crois que si on le laisse bosser, il en est bien capable...

LFC scarf
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 19:49

Moi aussi j'ai une confiance formidable en lui, mais il ne faut pas parler trop vite: Shankly, Paisley et fagan (et Dalglish) sont des mythes et il est dangeureux de vouloir s'en approcher trop vite. N'oublions pas que c'était aussi l'objectif d'Houllier ... On sait comment ça c'est terminé.
Mais Raf c'est autre chose, sans aucun doute.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 20:06

My God, j'avais oublié de citer King Kenny manager ! Shame on me... rougi
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 20:23

Yves wrote:
Moi aussi j'ai une confiance formidable en lui, mais il ne faut pas parler trop vite: Shankly, Paisley et fagan (et Dalglish) sont des mythes et il est dangeureux de vouloir s'en approcher trop vite. N'oublions pas que c'était aussi l'objectif d'Houllier ... On sait comment ça c'est terminé.

A priori oui, car Houllier n'a jamais vraiment bien fait joué l'équipe en ayant des résultats ...

J'espère que Rafa, que j'aime bc, sera celui que nous attendons depuis ce sombre jour de 91 et le départ de Dalglish ...

L'autre jour j'ai eu un peu peur cependant ... Je lisais de vieux numéros du fanzine de Dave Usher "The Liverpool way" sur la prise de contrôle par GH en cours de saison 98-99 ... On pouvait y lire des choses similaires à ce qu"on lit sur Rafa : beau pédigré, de bonnes recrues, une stature, un bon diagnostic, un remodelage de squad ....

Bon, sur le coup cela fait bizarre (il faut savoir que TLW deviendra progressivment très anti GH devant la pauvreté du jeu proposé et l'absence de projet de jeu), mais je suis quand même intimement convaincu que Rafa c'est autre chose que GH ....
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 20:25

Yves wrote:
ni houiller ni rafa n'avaient à le dire:on s'en doute qu'il veuillent devenir le meilleur entraineur de lfc.
mais bon shanks etait là à une époque révolue.il ne faut pas comparer!!!
Back to top Go down
clivethe

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyThu 19 May 2005 - 22:29

les meilleurs sont bill oncle bob joe fagan et kenny dalglish!!faire mieux sera hyper durrrrrr voir impossible
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc EmptyFri 20 May 2005 - 12:19

rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc New_indy_logo3
Benitez aspires to place among Anfield legends
By Phil Shaw
20 May 2005

Rafael Benitez hopes Liverpool's appearance in the Champions' League final after a hiatus of 20 years will prove a pivotal moment in helping to restore the club to their former pre-eminence at home and abroad - with a place for himself in the pantheon of managers alongside Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly as a pleasing by-product.

Benitez has never appeared as concerned as his predecessor, Gérard Houllier, about seeing his name enshrined in Liverpool's folklore. But with the European Cup at stake against Milan in Istanbul next Wednesday, and silverware and souvenirs from their Continental adventures around him as he spoke, the Spaniard acknowledged yesterday that the past exerts a powerful presence at Anfield.

"It would be fantastic to get this club back to the top in European competition like the old Liverpool teams," Benitez said. "For me to be talked about in the same way as Paisley and Shankly would also be great because they built marvellous teams here, and it would mean that me, my staff and players had created something comparable. I'll try to do the same as those great managers. It will be difficult, but if you have confidence you can succeed.

"It will be a big challenge, but I'm confident it will be done. I want to reward the supporters. You finish fifth in the League, yet they give you such strong backing.

"People say Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United are too dominant, but it was the same in Spain when I was coach to Valencia and we took on and beat Real Madrid and Barcelona. I'm very proud of the position we're in. People are believing in us more."

"Rafa the Gaffer" is certain to be coveted by clubs in Spain and Italy if Liverpool belie their underdog status against Milan and he lifts that trophy which eluded Shankly. However, he explained that his loyalty to them went beyond the fact that he has four years left on his contract. "I had problems with some people at Valencia," he said, alluding to his feud with the president. "Here it's different. Everyone believes in me."

While Benitez has found his job at Liverpool harder than any of his Spanish posts, he prefers the autonomy he has in England.

"In Spain you are the coach. Here you're the manager," he explained. "There's a lot more responsibility. But in Spain, the general manager can decide on new players. I prefer the responsibility myself. Sometimes you can be sacked for somebody else's decision. I'd rather make my own mistakes."

About 30,000 supporters will back Liverpool in Turkey, their biggest overseas following since the Uefa Cup final of 2001 in Dortmund. Benitez claimed that the noise levels in the home games against Juventus and Chelsea were worth an extra man to his side. "The fans have been very important," he said. "It will be great to see them in Istanbul. We need to show we can support our team with respect for others."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc   rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc Empty

Back to top Go down

rafa veut devenir le meilleur manager de lfc
Page 1 of 1