Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

la collone de rick parry

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

la collone de rick parry Empty
PostSubject: la collone de rick parry   la collone de rick parry EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006 - 15:26

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNDAY'S VISIT TO HIGHBURY WILL BE EXTRA SPECIAL
Rick Parry 10 March 2006

There is a little bit of history attached to our next Premiership game. It will be the last time we play at Highbury in the League as the Gunners prepare for their move to the new Emirates Stadium.

Highbury, with its famous Marble Halls, remains one of my favourite grounds. I've always enjoyed going there. The entrance to the Main Stand has a real touch of class.

Arsenal v Liverpool games inevitably have an edge. I'm sure this one will have a special meaning for both sets of fans. Arsenal supporters are revelling in every match at Highbury right now as the countdown continues. The famous stadium will soon be just a memory, but it highlights the challenge facing all Premier clubs and that includes Liverpool.

We are all working tirelessly to generate new and improved revenues so that we can continue to compete at the highest level.

We have seen the likes of Bolton, Sunderland and Middlesbrough all grasping the nettle and leaving historic old venues for new homes, but "old" is the key word in the case of these clubs. Roker Park, Burnden Park and Ayresome Park had all seen better days and had each reached the end of their sell-by dates.

That is not the case with Highbury. It's still one of the great venues, but its limited capacity has forced the Gunners to take this step.

Many people have suggested that the investment in the new stadium has prevented the Gunners from maintaining their impetus on the pitch. I'm not sure if the two are connected although I'm sure Arsenal would have preferred to leave Highbury on a real high. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees in football.

It forcibly reminds you that the number one priority is always success on the pitch.

I don't think we will ever see England back at Anfield

It's always a surreal experience when you hand your football stadium over to a third party for a major event. It was no different last week when Anfield became FA headquarters for the day as England prepared to take on Uruguay.

You are used to standing to attention for "You'll Never Walk Alone" and revelling in the sea of red around our famous stadium. When you hear Cockney accents on the Kop, listen to an operatic rendition of the national anthems and check out banners highlighting an array of towns and villages on the English map, you know that it's home - but not as you know it.

Of course, we were delighted that Anfield proved to be a winning stage as Sven-Goran Erikkson's men continued to edge towards that crucial World Cup challenge in Germany.

What is remarkable is the fact that Sven, who steps aside after the summer tournament, will never have managed an England team at Wembley.

Former Kop hero Kevin Keegan was the last international boss to lead the country at the national stadium. Of course, that game is remembered for another Anfield-related stat. Dietmar Hamann became the last player to score at Wembley as Germany ruined the farewell party under the old Twin Towers.

In the five years since that game, with the stadium demolished and England effectively on tour throughout the provinces, international matches have been staged at Anfield on three occasions.

Sven actually watched his first ever competitive game as England boss at Anfield, a World Cup qualifier against Finland in 2001. The international side returned here the following year for a friendly against Paraguay.

The Uruguay friendly, to be followed by further preparation games against Jamaica and Hungary at Old Trafford, could be the last time England step outside of London for a home game.

After the World Cup it will be Wembley all the way, not least to help cover the astronomical costs of the new venue. I don't think we will ever see England back at Anfield and so keep your matchday programme from last week. It could become a real collectors' item.

I was delighted to see Peter Crouch rise to score a tremendous equaliser against Uruguay. It was a great header and he got a tremendous salute from the fans, all very different from the reception he got at Old Trafford in a previous game.

We all wish England well in Germany. Peter has stated his case to be included. Steven Gerrard, and Jamie Carragher are already stalwarts in the squad. Meanwhile, Sammy Lee and Ray Clemence exert their influence in the background, having been brought up on a quality diet of Shankly, Paisley and Fagan - three of the greatest managers of all time.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: la collone de rick parry   la collone de rick parry EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006 - 15:37

vous avez lu les mots de rick parry?
"une équipe qui a du succès ,c'est l'objectif numéro 1 du club",plus que d'avoir un grand stade.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: la collone de rick parry   la collone de rick parry EmptySun 12 Mar 2006 - 18:43

tifo tifo
restons a ANFIELD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: la collone de rick parry   la collone de rick parry Empty

Back to top Go down

la collone de rick parry
Page 1 of 1