Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The View from Anfield

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

The View from Anfield Empty
PostSubject: The View from Anfield   The View from Anfield EmptyMon 6 Mar 2006 - 14:13

Well the heavens opened up just before kick off and it really was through the wind and the rain. We had snow, hail and sleet and I thought this ball is really going to zip around in these conditions.

The starting line up is very ,very adventurous and those who accuse Raffa of being over cautious certainly can't say that today. We start woth Kewell, Crouch, Fowler and Cisse. I am looking forward to seeing Fowler for the first time for me live in a Red shirt again.

We totally dominate the first 45 minutes to the extent of Charlton not even having one shot of any discription! Not even wide or over the bar. I can't help thinking bak to Portsmouth who were the worst team I had seen at Anfield this season. The difference is Charlton are set up in 2 lines of 4 soaking up attack after attack. All of the above 4 forwards are guilty of missing guilt edged chances. At least one of them should have put the ball in the back of the net. OK so there keeper is playing well but these are chances he should not even have a hope of saving. I look for the positives and the only one I can find is that Fowler without a doubt looks to be our only forward who can paly alongside Crouch. He is staying close to him and trying to pick up the knockdowns. It is working only Fowlers touch has deserted him and he is squandering the ball when he gets it. Fowler definitely looks fitter than he has for years though. Cisse makes me feel like getting hold of him and giving him a good shake! at times he seems totally surprised that the ball is played to him his concentration leaves a lot to be desired and Raffa must be frustrated with him. He does however get in a couple of decent crosses in beteween losing the ball when he shouldn't.

At half time I comment on the fact that although they have been stotally outplayed Charlton are probably sitting in their dressing room thinking they can get something out of this match.

Strangely we start the seconf 45 at a slower tempo and I don't understand why? If we are trying to tempt Charlton out and are hoping to hit them on the break we seem to have forgotten that we are the home side. This tactic only results in some messy play. Eventually Raffa brings on Alonso who he would have prefer to have rested but we need him. This results in us camping permanently in the Charlton half and again chance after chance goes begging. After Raffa has used all of his subs Cisse as if realising he is not going to be taken off starts to play. He is getting some great balls in now and you have to wonder why he has not been applying himself like this for the whole match?

Result 0-0

Conclusions.

Raffa must be wondering just what he can do to get his strike force scoring!
I must admit I don't know, How you can totally dominate a match and create so many good chances and not convert even one of them is beyond my comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Invité

The View from Anfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The View from Anfield   The View from Anfield EmptyMon 6 Mar 2006 - 14:42

We must find the answer to this mistery very very quickly now, because Benfica is coming and we need to score at least twice.
Back to top Go down

The View from Anfield
Page 1 of 1