Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Follow the Court Proceedings live

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Follow the Court Proceedings live Empty
PostSubject: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 12:47

Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 13:41

H & G lawyer admits breach of contract in court.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:19

Sounds like the Kim bid is just being used to create problems for the court case to me.

This guy sounds as though he is in bed with Hicks.
Back to top Go down
Nando
Rush bar resident

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:22

Kim is a Manc what do we need him bidding for LFC for?

Sounds like he is just trying to make trouble by saying nothing until just before the court case and now coming
out in the "press" with his offer.
Back to top Go down
Redtildead
Rush bar resident

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:26

I ain't a lawyer but I think Hicks brief sounds desperate and his arguments have nothing to do with the actual case.

The question today is "Can the Yanks appoint new directors or not?" he has already said Hicks was in breach of contract.

I imagine the judge will be on his desert by now, wishing that all his cases were this easy.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:32

I agree with you Red he is talking nonsense and is clutching at straws.

My understanding is that today is not about if LFC is being sold to the right or even the highest bidder it is about
if H & G have the power to change the board or not. If the answer is "not" and it sounds like this is the case as H & g's lawyer has admitted they
are in breach of contract. But is he saying they are in breach of contract because they have defaulted on the loans? But still control the board?

We don't seem to have got to that part yet. So lets hope the judge doesn't nod off in the afternoon session.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:51

Also Broughton has always maintained that H&G are always trying to block any sale I think the judge will have to look at what their brief is saying as just that.

If a process was in place where a deadline for bids was set and the best one accepted, which seems to be the case. It is no good one of the bidders coming back after the deadline
with a higher bid. Which is effectively what Lim has done. You have to suspect his behaviour and his motives. He really does seem to be hell bent on causing trouble. You then need to ask why?

The obvious answer is he is in league with H & G the same way the Middle East guy was ( Kiri ?) until it come to showing us the colour of his money, then he dissapeared faster than Vidic did down the tunnel when he was subbed after being humiliated by Torres in the 4-1 thrashing at the Theatre of Broken Dreams
Back to top Go down
Nando
Rush bar resident

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:55

Yea he did nip off a bit sharpish, I heard someone say he was worried Nando was going to get the dressing room before him.
He was second to everything that afternoon.

Shame we don't hear any comments ferom the Judge?
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:58

Well the bell should be going for round 2 any time now.

I think we're ahead on points so far.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 16:51

Hicks sounds as though he is getting more and more desperate. i can't see that any of the statements his lawyer is making have any connection at all
to the actual issue.

This is incredible that this guy managed to make any money business, he just does not seem to get it. There are rules that have to be followed. his lawyer doesn't seem to be addressing the issue of why he is there at all. Is the board legitimate or not. Not if he likes or doesn't like the personalities of the people who make up the board.

He really does need to " Get with the program" as they say over there.

If his lawyer doesn't actually have anything relevant to say in regard to why he thinks the board is not legally constituted ( the real issue) he might as well go home now.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 16:56

Guess he must have heard me as he has dropped a Bombshell saying that Friday' deadline is irrelevant and that the deadline is actually November the first.

I am sure we will here why that is?
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 17:18

Just some genrel mudslinging going on now; Amazing that these guys get paid so much money for this stuff.

I wonder who we could have signed for the cost of this little lot?

It only confirms what I have said already Hicks is doing everything he can to damage LFC in revenge for the treatment of him and his family.

There is no logical reason for this charade.
Back to top Go down
Nando
Rush bar resident

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 17:24

H and G out come on get on with it.
Back to top Go down
Redtildead
Rush bar resident

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 17:39

LFC Barrister Lord Grabner call Hicks "Slippery" about right mate slippery as bucketful of eels that one.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 18:24

Looks like the Judge will not be arriving at a decision quickly as he says it is ambitious to have an answer by Friday.

Don't like the sound of this as it would imply it might not be an open and shut case, so no slam dunk!
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010 - 19:22

Apparently the Judge will render his judgement tommorrow morning at 10.30 so he seems to have listened to the requests for urgency form the LFC side.

For me I thought the best comment of the day was the blogger who asked if we could buy replica shirts with the respective numbers the Baristers were wearing lol

Joking apart though it will eb a sleepless night for many.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010 - 12:49

That's it the Judge has ruled against H& G and the sale with NESV will go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 11:55

So we move courts following the obtaining of a flimsy and very loosely worded injunction obtained by Hicks, no doubt by ones of his pals in a Texas court.

It is a delaying tactic by Hicks and nothing more, this injunction would never have been granted by any court that had actually studied the case before issuing it.

I expect RBS to hold off on administration, the injunction to be squashed and the sale to go through with NESV.

The judge who issued this injunction should be disbarred from ever practicing law as it is a disgrace to issue this type of Injunction without hearing from the other parties effected by it.

It only confirms further Hicks is driven by personal emotions here as he has nothing to gain by this other than to try to cause the maximum damage possible to LFC.

Sadly this it was comes of behaviour by SOS towards him and his family, regardless of if you think it was merited or not, if you do not respect the law then the person who you are carrying out your campaign against might not either. As we are seeing here.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 13:49

As we hear that the Club are going back to the High Court this afternoon to try to get the Injunction issued by the local Texas Judge that Hicks seems to have in his pocket.

We are also hearing rumours that Mill Financial who own Gillets shares in the club could launch a takeover of the club by paying back the RBS debt? Can't see this happeneing to be fair as they have already given Gillett 75 Million for his shares and they would have to pay approx. 280 Million to RBS they would be paying more than they could have bought the club for last week!

I think at this moment in time if you took a vote amongst the fans we would probably vote for liquidation and a 9 point penalty to be sure of being rid of Hicks and his cronies.

The only problem would be not being in control at all of who would then buy us?
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 13:58

It is being reported by the Echo Hicks has now sold his shares to Mill Financial.

Now it starts to make sense what has been happening, Hicks has been employing delaying tactics to stop the sale to NESV to allow time for another as yet unnamed party
to buy up all the shares and then pay the RBS debt back giving them ownership of the club.

Who this might be is not as yet known? The other question that has to be asked is have they met the rules of the Premier League in regard to new owners?

Unless the club get this injunction overturned this afternoon allowing the sale to go through with NESV it may administration could be the only way out of falling into this predators hands whoever they are?

The whole thing stinks to high heavens.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 15:22

A spokesman for Hicks has claimed he hs not sold his shares to Mill Financial.

If this comes from Hicks I think we can all take it that he has!

This guy will do or say anything to get what he wants he is totally without scruples.

I see a class action against Hicks is being discussed by Fans on LFCTV, would be nice but wishful thinking I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 19:31

5.21pm: Judge rules that anti-suit injunction wanted by RBS and other parties (board) against owner's action in Texas is granted. "This case has nothing to do with Texas."
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 20:27

So the Judge has given H&G until 4.00pm tomorrow to comply with his ruling ( withdraw their temporary conjunction obtained in the US) or be held in contempt of court.

So it really is down to the Yanks if they want to call his bluff or not. Either they will be held in contempt by the High Court of the UK that has heard a case with all the evidence presented and in which
they were legally presented. Or they will try to get their local cowboy Judge to hold LFC, RBS, and uncle tom cobley and all to be held in contempt of a court order that was obtained in court where nobody was presented because they were never told and no evidence was presented because nobody other than Hicks lawyers was there.

I think if it was me I know which courts ruling I would rather comply with.

This guy Hicks seems to think that he can do whatever he likes to whoever , whenever with no consequences.

The Judge has said very little in the UK and I would imagine he is not in the least amused at his court being treated so lightly. he made a reference to the fact that this process in the US must have been started some time ago? So what he is really saying is that effectively, H&G and their legal representatives withheld evidence from him.

I wouldn't like to be in their shoes after 4.00pm tommorrow if they haven't fallen into line. He will come down very hard on them.

The real issue has not changed though, RBS and NESV could have gone ahead with the sale last night but didn't as they did not want to be held in contempt of the US court. And if Hicks is stupid enough to ignore the UK judge ( and I believe he is) the situation for RBS and NESV will not have changed other than they may feel as though are on solid enough legal ground to defy theUS court order. And then if you assume that this joker who gave Hicks this Injunction was not in full possesion of the facts? I imagine he is probably not too pleased to be seen as a complete incompetent now that I am sure he is aware of all the facts. As I do not belive H & G even told the US judge there was a case going on in the UK court!

I hope Hicks doesn't comply as then the UK judge will have his balls.
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 22:56

Case in Cowboy Country adjourned until 1.00pm Uk time tomorow. This is 7.00am in Cowboy land!

The fact they are going to start work so early on this case is that they have had the riot act read to them by people who actually understand the law.

Judge whatever his name was, will with whatever diplomatic means that still remain available to him ( After having to stand while everyone lined up to kick his arse
in a a new version of Texan Line Dancing that will no doubt catch on in L4) withdraws H & G claim.

Therefore complying with the High Court ruling that he do exactly that!

No doubt Hicks will come out with some form of Good Ole Texan Bullshit to inform us that he has won and how LFC will now suffer instant demise without his capable
business brain being at the helm.

All I can think of to say in response are the words John Lennon wrote

"There are places I'll Remember, Some are gone and Some remain"

Last edited by Shankly Gates on Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010 - 11:35

Liverpool sale set to be rushed through today as judge renders Texan injunction obtained by Hicks and Gillett null and void

By Ian Herbert and Nick Harris
Friday, 15 October 2010

Liverpool's directors were bracing themselves last night for the next unknown obstacle owner Tom Hicks and George Gillett might throw in the way of the club's sale, despite a second High Court victory which paved the way for a judge in the Americans' own back yard to open the door for a New England Sports Ventures (NESV) takeover as early as this afternoon.

In a hearing scheduled for 1pm BST today, a district court judge in Dallas is expected to render null and void an interim restraining order which he has granted, preventing the £300m sale. It is understood that Judge Jim Jordan, who granted that rushed order on Wednesday evening, was annoyed to be approached by Hicks and Gillett in the first place. They assured him his was the only court they could find, seven hours after a London High Court judge had effectively cleared the way for a sale on Wednesday, because London's Court of Appeal was closed. But lawyers in Texas expect the judge to throw out the order, in deference to the London High Court, where another judge yesterday demanded it be dissolved.

The High Court judge, Christopher Floyd, issued an injunction ordering the Americans to withdraw the Dallas order by 4pm BST today or be held in contempt of court. Judge Jordan's willingness to sit at 7am local time today suggests some sympathy with Liverpool's need to get the order withdrawn by early afternoon and proceed with a sale on the day the club's £200m loan facility expires.

Liverpool's non-executive chairman, Martin Broughton, is believed to feel that Hicks and Gillett's recent desperate actions to stave off a sale – trying to sack board members and yesterday issuing a contempt of court claim suggesting that Broughton and others might be imprisoned – mean that they will stop at nothing to prevent NESV's accession. Hicks and Gillett stand to lose £144m, by taking nothing from the sale.

But Broughton did not disguise some hope that the battle may be over and new owners in place for Sunday's critical derby with Everton at Goodison Park. "We are nearly there. We are still trying to get the restraining order overturned but I hope that will be some time tomorrow," he said last night, declaring that the NESV owner John W Henry remained "very committed".

NESV declared that they were already owners of the club, following two board meetings in the space of nine days which have approved the sale. NESV believe that if the Texas case can be struck out by 3pm today then the sale of Liverpool to them could go through by close of play. Today is the deadline by which £200m of loans taken out by Hicks and Gillett to buy the club must be repaid to the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS). The new Americans had initially been ready to make the £300m payment for the purchase of the club today.

Despite rumours to the contrary, it seems that Hicks has not managed to halt an NESV deal by selling his 50 per cent share of Liverpool to Mill Financial, who are understood already to have assumed Gillett's 50 per cent, giving them the chance to pay off RBS and take control. "We are the owners [of Liverpool]," NESV's barrister David Chivers told the High Court during yesterday's hearing. "The owners from beyond the grave are seeking to exercise with their dead hand a continuing grip on this company."

Judge Floyd said the legal action in Texas amounted to "unconscionable conduct on the part of Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett. This case has no real connection to Texas," he said. He criticised Hicks and Gillett for not telling the Texas court that the High Court in London had ruled against them earlier on Wednesday in their attempts to block the sale. "It's a deliberate omission not to mention that fact," Floyd said.

The reason for Broughton's concern was underlined by the legal wrangling which continued on both sides of the Atlantic as Hicks and Gillett's company filed a motion in Dallas asking that RBS, NESV and Liverpool's independent board members be held in contempt and jailed.

Anthony Grabiner, a lawyer representing the Liverpool board at yesterday's London hearing, called the Dallas court case "frankly preposterous". He said: "It reads like a novel. If it wasn't so serious, it would be a joke... It's a grotesque parody of the truth."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Court Proceedings live   Follow the Court Proceedings live Empty

Back to top Go down

Follow the Court Proceedings live
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next