Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

interview d'aurelio

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

interview d'aurelio Empty
PostSubject: interview d'aurelio   interview d'aurelio EmptyWed 12 Jul 2006 - 14:29

source:offal.
FABIO AURELIO TALKS TO LIVERPOOLFC.TV
Paul Eaton 12 July 2006

Fabio Aurelio was today officially unveiled as a Liverpool player at Melwood. Here's the Brazilian's first interview since his arrival from Valencia.

Liverpoolfc.tv: Fabio, welcome to Liverpool. Why did you decide to come here?
Fabio Aurelio: There are three main reasons why I joined Liverpool. Firstly, the history and tradition of the club is a huge attraction as is the chance to play in the English league because the Premiership has always appealed to me. It's great for me to be given this chance to come here and understand more about what football in this country is like. Of course, the manager was a big factor as well because we worked together at Valencia and had some really good times. When a manager who you like and trust wants you to move to a club the size of Liverpool then you don't say no. Rafa was the most important factor in my decision to sign.

How excited were you when you first heard Liverpool wanted to sign you?

I was very excited when I heard the news and really pleased. From a football point of view, the English league is one of the most important in the world and off the field I'm looking forward to living in a different country and understanding a different culture. I have already made the transition from Brazil to Spain and the idea of coming to England really excites me. I have a tremendous desire to get onto the field and show my qualities, just as I did when I first went to Valencia.

What's your English like?
I really like the language. I studied English when I was in Brazil and it's a language I've always liked hearing and using. I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with it again.

You're the first Brazilian to sign for Liverpool - will you be bringing some of the samba magic to the team?
I hope so! It makes me feel really proud to be the first Brazilian at such a big club but it also gives me a responsibility because I hope I can help open a few doors for some other players from my country to maybe come to the Premiership in the future. So far everyone has been really friendly to me and the people I have met in the city have made me feel welcome. I really want to do well now for my new club.

How excited are you by the challenge which lies ahead for you now?

I couldn't be more excited. I've had a good career so far and done quite well, but this is a different challenge and a different opportunity for me now. I'm confident in my ability to adapt to any situation and I believe my qualities will suit the English game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe that.

What's your preferred position in the team?
I like to play at left back. I'm an attacking left back.

What qualities will you bring to the side when you play?
I like to get forward and overlap to support the attack whenever I get the chance. I'm a very attack minded full back and I think I'm quite good from free kicks and getting crosses into the area. I have an eye for goal as well and enjoy trying shots on goal when the chance comes up.

Are you confident your game will suit the Premiership?
I know it's a different style of football here because in Spain and Brazil football is played at a slower rhythm. Over here it's much quicker and more physical but I do believe I can adapt. It will take time but once the settling in period is over I am confident I'll demonstrate what I can do and show people why the manager has signed me.

The manager has said you're an even better passer of the ball than Xabi Alonso. That's some recommendation...
It makes me feel really good to hear something like that but I don't feel as though it puts me under any greater pressure. I know Xabi quite well from our time in Spain and I know what a great player he is. If I can be mentioned in the same breath as him and bring similar qualities to the team then that's great.
It's nice to hear the manager talking about me in such good terms but the important thing now is to win the fans over with my performances on the field. Hopefully I'll be able to do that quickly.

You've played at Anfield before for Valencia, but how much are you looking forward to playing there for the first time in a Liverpool shirt?
I can't wait for that moment. I know what it's like to play at Anfield as an opposing player and I know what Liverpool fans are like. They're always behind their side, they stay with them whatever is happening in the game and they have a real 'born to support Liverpool all your life' mentality. I'm really looking forward to playing many games at Anfield and enjoying some great moments with the supporters.

How confident are you that you'll enjoy a long and successful career with Liverpool?
I hope that's going to be the case and that I can stay here for a long time, but that depends on my performances on the field. I have signed for four years but it's up to me to settle quickly and adapt to the Premiership.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview d'aurelio   interview d'aurelio EmptyWed 12 Jul 2006 - 15:26

yeah yeah

çA PROMET DITES MOI!!!!!

Il a l'air vraiment cool ce mec, puis le 1er bresilien a Liverpool ça se fete!!

SAMBA!!!!

tifo tifo
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: interview d'aurelio   interview d'aurelio EmptyWed 12 Jul 2006 - 16:42

j'ai toujours du mal à croire qu'il est le premier brésilien à signer chez nous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interview d'aurelio   interview d'aurelio Empty

Back to top Go down

interview d'aurelio
Page 1 of 1