Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

heighway content de la performance des jeunes de LFC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

heighway content de la performance des jeunes de LFC Empty
PostSubject: heighway content de la performance des jeunes de LFC   heighway content de la performance des jeunes de LFC EmptyTue 21 Feb 2006 - 16:15

steve heighway etait aux toilettes lorsqu'hammill a marqué.
il a une grande confiance dans ces jeunes joueurs qui ont gagné 6-0.
il fait des éloges sur craig lindfield,qui a fait un hat trick.
---------------------
HEIGHWAY DELIGHTED WITH YOUNG REDS
Steve Hunter 21 February 2006

Liverpool's Academy Director Steve Heighway was full of praise for his young side as the Reds strolled into the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup, following the 6-0 win over Carlisle United.
A Craig Lindfield hat-trick and further efforts from Charlie Barnett, Adam Hammill and Michael Nardielo completed the rout, as Liverpool turned on the style on a great night at Anfield.

"We are really pleased and the boys are chuffed with the way we played, and we've been waiting for a performance like that out of them," enthused Heighway.

"Although we have been winning and progressing in this competition we have been waiting for that quality football which we know they are capable of, and they did that against Carlisle.

"We played some really good combination stuff and scored some very good goals."

Heighway gave a debut to 16-year-old right winger Ben Parsonage who responded to his chance brilliantly with a superb performance.

"Ben Parsonage was wonderful and I think I even surprised my own staff for picking him in the team, but I knew what he could do and I trust him," added Heighway.

"Ben is Liverpool through and through and he would run through a brick wall for this club. He did tremendously well."

The Reds Academy boss also had praise for striker Craig Lindfield who scored a hat-trick, following on from his two goals in the previous round against Burnley.

"Craig is a great lad who has always scored goals," enthused Heighway. "He knows he hasn't always been first choice and he has always had to work for his opportunities, but how can I leave him out now.

"I am told the best goal of the night was scored by Adam Hammill but unfortunately I had gone to the toilet so I missed it! I was told it was typical Adam and he is always capable of that."

It's Southampton next over two legs in the semi-final for Liverpool and Heighway knows it will not be an easy game.

"I have seen Southampton play and they are a very good side with a lot of good players, so it will be a really tough ask," reflected Heighway.

"The boys are confident though and hopefully we can continue to do well in the Youth Cup."
Back to top Go down

heighway content de la performance des jeunes de LFC
Page 1 of 1