Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So now we know the Players we have

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

So now we know the Players we have Empty
PostSubject: So now we know the Players we have   So now we know the Players we have EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 18:29

Some fans may be dissapointed that the transfer window has closed without a big name striker being signed.

Me? I am just happy it has closed. That we have retained all of the players we wanted to apart from Mascherano who we all knew was
going.

If somebody had told me at the end of last season we could get rid of Benitez, Insua, El zhar, Degen, Dossena and Aqulani. keep everyone else
including Torres and Gerrard bring in Konchesky, Cole, Miereles, Poulsen and all of the others I would have said that will do nicely thank you.

Add to that H & G have de facto been removed from the club and new ownership is underway and I would have pinched myself to see if I was dreaming or it was really happening?

Add to that Roy Hodgson accepting to become our manager and if I was a dog with two tails, both of them would be wagging at once.

Well it has happened and our club is well on the road to recovery. I know it is not going to change overnight we still need responsible owners with pockets big enough to allow the club to fulfill its potential. And I honestly think that part of the puzzle will shortly be put in place.

Well now Roy has the difficult task of whittling down the players at his disposal to a squad of 25. No easy task as the players you select for this playing sqaud need to be players who will stay fit and are not injury prone. I think that was the reason for Aquilani going he was just too big a risk to put in the final squad.

Finally I am pleased that Ryan Babel stated he was not going to go anywhere and has said to Hodgson "Never mind buying another striker give me a chance to play there" he has undisputed talent and I do not feel he was ever given a fair chance under Benitez. He has performed well so far in the few opportunities he has been given and for me he is at least as good if not better than Jovanovic. So if he has finally sorted out his attitude problems then we don't need to panic buy whoever is left at the end of the transfer window. And I didn't really fancy any of the names we were being linked with so go on Ryan Carpe Diem

LFC scarf LFC scarf LFC scarf
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: So now we know the Players we have   So now we know the Players we have EmptyWed 1 Sep 2010 - 23:25

Well here is the list of players we have registerd at Liverpool as you can see we cannot name a squad of 25 players as we do not have enough players.
I have heard Roy has only registered a squad of 21 Players. And we are relying on two relaltively inexperienced youngsters in Spearing and Derby to reach the 8 Home grown

Well this rule was brought about to give local young players a better chance of playing, now if you look through our list most of the youngsters aren't even local. Makes you wonder about the wisdom of this rule? [/b]With the close of the transfer window, all Premier League clubs are now required to submit their 25 man squads.

Each squad must include 8 homegrown players, and thus a maximum of 17 foreign players over the age of 21.

Liverpool, though, do not have enough players to actually name 25 players on their list. That's it until January now, the earliest any changes can be made. This new scheme is likely to come in from criticism when injuries start to bite!

Senior squad
1 Jones, Bradley Home Grown

2 Johnson, Glen McLeod Cooper HG

3 Agger, Daniel Munthe

4 Aurelio Rodrigues, Fabio

5 Gerrard MBE, Steven George HG

6 Torres Sanz, Fernando Jose

7 Cole, Joseph John HG

8 Jovanovic, Milan

9 Kyrgiakos, Sotiris

10 Rodriguez, Maximiliano

11 Kuyt, Dirk

12 Pezzini Leiva, Lucas

13 Carragher, James Lee HG

14 Reina Paez, Jose Manuel

15 Spearing, Jay Francis HG

16 Darby, Stephen HG

17 Skrtel, Martin

18 Poulsen, Christian

19 Babel, Ryan Guno

20 Konchesky, Paul Martyn HG

21 Meireles, Raul Jose Trindade

Under 21 players
Adorjan, Krisztian
Amoo, David Oluwaseun Segun
Ayala, Daniel Sanchez
Aylmer, Peter
Belford, Tyrell
Bouzanis, Dean Anthony
Brito E Silva, Toni
Bruna, Gerardo Alfredo
Chamberlain, Deale
Clair, Karl
Coady, Conor David
Cooper, Alexander Douglas
Eccleston, Nathan
Emilsson, Kristjan Gauti
Flanagan, John
Gomis Mendy, Emmanuel Henry
Gulacsi, Peter
Hadju, Adam
Hansen, Martin
Hatch, Lewis William
Highdale, Sean
Ihiekwe, Michael
Ince, Thomas
Insua Zapata, Emiliano
Irwin, Steven Alan
Kelly, Martin Ronald
Kohlert, Nicolaj Beier
Mavinga, Chrys
McGiveron, Matthew Lawrence
Morgan, Adam Joseph
Mukendi, Henoc John
Ngog, David
Ngoo, Michael
Pacheco Lobato, Daniel
Palsson, Gudlaugur Victor
Poor, Patrik Peter
Rafferty, Joseph Gerad
Regan, Matthew George
Roberts, Michael James
Robinson, Jack
Roddan, Craig
Sama, Stephen
Saric, Nikola
Shelvey, Jonjo
Simon, Andras
Smith, Bradley Shaun
Sokolik, Jakub
Stephens, James Edward
Sumner, Joshua Andrew
Walsh, Thomas
Whittle, Alex
Wilson, Daniel
Wisdom, Andre

Home Grown Players
Carragher
Cole
Darby
Gerrard
Johnson
Jones
Konchesky
Spearing

Non-Homegrown Players: (14)

Agger
Aurelio
Babel
Itandje
Jovanovic
Kyrgiakos
Kuyt
Lucas
Maxi
Meireles
Poulsen
Reina
Skrtel
Torres

Youngsters:
Players born after 1/1/89 and thus are unlimited in the squad and not required to be named in the 25 man list.

Amoo
Ayala
Bouzanis
Bruna
Eccleston
Gulacsi
Hansen
Ince
Irwin
Kelly
Mavinga
Ngog
Pacheco
Palsson
Robinson
Shelvey
Wilson

Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: So now we know the Players we have   So now we know the Players we have EmptyThu 2 Sep 2010 - 14:20

Well that's it then!

Or is it?

Now Roy has registered 8 Home Grown players and 13 Foreign players. That leaves him 4 places in his sqaud that he could fill with
foreign players that are free agents. It could well be that now all Prem clubs have registered their squads, that there will be one or two
worthwhile players who not having made their own squads or possibly that their clubs didn't succeed in selling for the price they wanted.
May now find themselves released from their contracts and available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So now we know the Players we have   So now we know the Players we have Empty

Back to top Go down

So now we know the Players we have
Page 1 of 1