Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man City v Pool

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Man City v Pool Empty
PostSubject: Man City v Pool   Man City v Pool EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010 - 11:54

After last weeks dissapointing 2 points dropped at home against the Gunners we need to make up that lost ground tonight against City.
You would oridnarily say that if you win your home matches against your main rivals for the top four and draw away you will be there or thereabouts.

Magnificent as we were in the second 45 against the Gunners the inescapable fact is that we dropped 2 points at home so instead of a draw away tonight
we have the chance to make up for it by taking all three. And I think we can. I think City have only added a number of large egos to a squad already overflowing with large egos.

The problems are already bubbling to the surface with one player after another publicly saying if I don't play I want to leave, hardly a strong team ethic.

For that reason I am pleased we are meeting at this moment of the season before they have time to gel as a team if they ever do. They have talented
players in abundance that cannot be denied but we are a more cohesive unit and I expect that to see us through.

I would love to see Poulsen in tandem with Mascherano although Roy might think it is a little too early and perhaps not the best game to experiment although looking at the way he improved as the match went on against Trabzonspor I think this would be a good pairing. I would like to see Maxi start as he was so sharp against the Turcs and deserves his place IMO.

If Roy does go with a duo of Poulsen and Masch in midfield this would then allow Stevie to push into the hole and play just behind Nando, a combination that we know can be deadly.

I imagine Roy will start with Jovanovic on the left although personally I would like to see Babel given a start following on from his excellent finish in his last match. This would show the players that if they perform they get picked. I feel that Babel was one of those players that suffered badly under Benitez' policy of if you play well and score you are automatically out of the next match. At least that is how it seemed to be operating to me. it will be interesting to see how Roy sets his team up for the first away game in the Prem of his reign. His problem is really how do you fit Maxi, Jovanovic, Kuyt and Babel into the same side. And that is without taking Cole into the equation!

I think City are there for the taking if we are positive and go for it
LFC scarf
Back to top Go down

Man City v Pool
Page 1 of 1