Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roger Hunt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

Roger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Roger Hunt   Roger Hunt EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008 - 12:30

ON THIS DAY: JULY 29, 1958

Liverpool signed the greatest league goalscorer in the club's history on this day 50 years ago.
A little-known forward by the name of Roger Hunt arrived from mid-Cheshire league outfit Stockton Heath after scout Bill Jones recommended him to boss Phil Taylor.

He would go on to be a revelation in front of goal, netting 286 times in 492 matches and earning a reputation as arguably the finest striker to ever wear the red shirt.

His tally of 245 league goals is still a record to this day and between 1962 and 1969 he finished every season as the club's top scorer.

Hunt's success was largely down to a desire to make the most of his dream move to Anfield and he later reflected on how he set about achieving his ambitions after his first year with the Reds.

"I knew perfectly well that I wasn't an out-and-out natural, the sort who can make a ball talk so it was down to me to compensate for it in other ways," he said.

"I made up my mind that if I didn't succeed at Anfield then it wouldn't be for the lack of determination. From the first day I threw myself into training, ran and tackled for everything and practised my ball skills at every opportunity."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160693080729-1057.htm
Back to top Go down
Invité

Roger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger Hunt   Roger Hunt EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008 - 12:35

une légende du kop, champion du monde 66 champ , il était à quelques mètres de la ligne lors du légendaire but de Hurst et lève les bras bravo . à Liverpool, il succède à Billy Liddel dans le coeur des fans gloirea gloirea

LFC scarf
Back to top Go down

Roger Hunt
Page 1 of 1