Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

justo lillo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

justo lillo Empty
PostSubject: justo lillo   justo lillo EmptyFri 21 Apr 2006 - 12:35

il pourrait devenir le remplaçant de paco.
il est pressenti pour le remplacer.
------------------------------------------------------------------
justo lillo Icliverpoollogo
News
Benitez: Keep your cool and we can win
Apr 21 2006
By Ian Doyle Daily Post Staff

RAFAEL BENITEZ has told his Liverpool players to forget the controversy that has marred recent meetings with Chelsea when the duo clash in tomorrow's FA Cup semi-final.

The Premiership giants will lock horns for the 10th time in 18 months in what has become an increasingly feisty fixture following a series of contentious incidents.

Xabi Alonso suffered a broken ankle last season after being caught by a late Frank Lampard challenge and was then forced to sit out the second leg of the Champions League semi-final after Eidur Gudjohnsen's dive earned the Spaniard a suspension.

In December, Michael Essien's poor tackle on Dietmar Hamann ended with a UEFA ban for the Chelsea midfielder while another dive, this time from Arjen Robben, influenced the red card shown to Pepe Reina in Liverpool's 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge in February.

However, Benitez has implored his team to ignore the previous indiscretions of Jose Mourinho's side.

And the Liverpool manager believes maintaining composure and keeping a cool head could be the key to earning a place in next month's final in Cardiff.

"We were talking about things like diving with the players and I told them that they need to forget these things and think about the new game," said Benitez.. "I think our players understand that it is a new game.

"It is clear that we need to forget these incidents. Our players have to be cool in their head and stay calm. They have to think about the new game, another referee and everything will be different.

"It is another competition. We don't need to think about the past. It is very easy to say that, though. We have enough experience. We do not need to use previous incidents as motivation, we are motivated enough.

"Jose and me, we are different, everybody can see that. But I do not like to talk about other managers. I will just try to improve myself and my team, nothing else really matters."

Benitez insists Liverpool will feel little pressure as underdogs.

"We have a lot of players with experience, we do not feel pressure and we aim to win," he said..

"It is important to approach these games with confidence. We are closer to them, you can see that, and we will try to get closer still."

Benitez, who will have skipper Steven Gerrard back from a hamstring injury, dismissed midweek speculation of Real Madrid's interest, and added: "Gerrard is not for sale and I won't waste my time talking about this. Steven feels the same, his commitment to the club is very important.

"I can say there is no-one in the dressing room that is more committed to Liverpool than Steven Gerrard."

Meanwhile, reports in Spain yesterday suggest Liverpool have agreed a deal to further bolster their backroom staff.

It is believed Justo Lillo of second division team Eibar is ready to move to Anfield on a two-year contract to assist Pako Ayesteran in the physical training of the team.
Back to top Go down

justo lillo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France :: News and Views of LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB :: THE LATEST NEWS (IN ENGLISH) FROM LFC-
Jump to: