Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

la chronique de matt lawton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

la chronique de matt lawton Empty
PostSubject: la chronique de matt lawton   la chronique de matt lawton EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006 - 14:58

matt lawton fait une chronique sur l'offal.
c'est un journaliste que les fans de LFC respectent.
il déclare que LFC n'a pas eu de chance pcq'ils ont rencontré arsenal au meilleur de leur saison:ils n'avaient jamais aussi bien joué dans le championnat.
matt lawton déclare que d'après ce qu'il se rappelle,une équipe n'est jamais passé d'une cinquième place une saison à une première place la suivante.
LFC a apporté énormément de consistence dans son jeu.
il déclare que la saison prochaine,LFC sera une réelle menace pour chelsea,si LFC a un bon striker.
il déclare que LFc a une bonne chance de gagner la FA cup.uen finale contre chelsea serait un bon spectacle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEASON HAS ALREADY BEEN A SUCCESS
Matt Lawton 13 March 2006

The defeat to a very good Arsenal side on Sunday was a blow but, after an indifferent Premiership season of their own, Arsene Wenger's team met Liverpool at just the right time. The Gunners confidence is sky high right now after knocking Real Madrid out of the Champions League and all of their young players seem to be rising to the top of their game when it matters most. Liverpool, meanwhile, have had their confidence rocked in recent weeks and losing their grip on their Champions League crown last week will have probably hurt them more than they care to admit.

Liverpool supporters today should take comfort in the fact that even defeat on Sunday only allowed Arsenal to move within eight points of their club. I wonder how many fans would have settled for a lead like that over Wenger's side at this stage of the season back in August when the Premiership kicked off?

Everyone always goes on about Liverpool needing to catch Chelsea but I think that's missing the point somewhat. In living memory, I can't recall one team who has jumped from fifth in the Premiership to winning the title the following year. It just doesn't happen.

What Liverpool needed to do this season was improve their Premiership form and bring some consistency to their game. In my eyes, they've done that. I'm sure at the start of the season, Rafa probably had Arsenal and Manchester United in his sights far more than Chelsea. Jose Mourinho's side are in a league of their own when it comes to winning matches week in and week out in the Premiership and while I believe that Liverpool will eventually mount a realistic title fight against the Blues under Benitez, it's Arsenal and United that must be conquered first.

To sit eight points ahead of Arsenal with just 9 games of the season remaining is astonishing. Arsenal may be a side in transition but so to are Liverpooland to be eight points ahead of a team who last season finished 25 points ahead of you is what I call progress. Forget the 37 points Chelsea finished ahead of Liverpool last year, if Liverpool can even make up 25 points on Arsenal this season you'd have to say that's a successful season.

Yes, losing to Benfica may have surprised some people and the defeat would have hurt but, realistically speaking, winning the Champions League again this season was unlikely for Liverpool. Not many teams retain the Champions League and I don't think Liverpool have anything to be ashamed about in going out in the knock-out stages after such a gruelling season that has not only seen them compete in three domestic competitions but also the Champions League, Super Cup and World Club Championships.

Liverpool should now forget about the Benfica defeat now and concentrate on the domestic affairs with the FA Cup still there to be won. Benitez had a brilliant first season, winning the European Cup, and I'm sure he'd love to add another trophy to the cabinet this season.

The manager knows deep down that scoring goals has been a real problem for Liverpool this season and, in the end, it was probably the only reason why they weren't in the hat for the Champions League quarterfinal draw on Friday. Fernando Morientes has struggled to adapt to the English game, while Djibril Cisse seems out of favour. I remember watching Cisse playing for France Under-17s and I thought he was the best player I have ever seen, but he had a bad injury last season and isn't someone you would class as a regular now. Crouch has his qualities but he isn't a prolific striker and while Robbie Fowler is still capable of scoring goals. Even he would admit that he isn't the same player as he was in his prime at Anfield.

Liverpool won the European Cup last season without having what I would say was a world-class striker capable of scoring 20-plus goals in a season but I think the Reds were the exception to the rule. You won't find many teams winning the Champions League without a really prolific striker. Indeed, Chelsea have a similar problem and that's why they went out to Barcelona but I think Benitez will address the situation at Liverpool in the summer.

While many comment on the lack of goals in the current side, in my opinion, Liverpool are only a couple of genuine world class players away from having the perfect team; one that's capable of putting real pressure on Chelsea's Premiership crown. Defensively they are brilliant and the midfield is really strong. In key areas, Benitez has some of the best players in the Premiership – Reina, Carragher, Finnan, Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko who are the real backbone of the team. It just needs some final touches to turn Liverpool into a great team.

Until those new players arrive to complete the jigsaw, Liverpool still have much to play for between now and the end of the season. I think they have a great chance of winning the FA Cup and I would predict a Liverpool v Chelsea final. Liverpool can rattle Chelsea, as we saw last season, and are more than capable of matching them and beating them in a one-off game. The thought of Steven Gerrard lifting the cup in Cardiff should be enough to lift every Liverpool fan after Sunday's disappointing defeat.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: la chronique de matt lawton   la chronique de matt lawton EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006 - 17:01

ça remonte un peu le moral. Et c'est vrai que quoi qu'en disent certains, Liverpool cette année est plus régulier et plus solide que l'an passé.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: la chronique de matt lawton   la chronique de matt lawton EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006 - 17:46

Il est optimiste ce matt. cé bien.
je trouve tout de même qu'il ne faut pas positiver tout le temps, on sort d'une semaine catastrophique qui a été tournant de la saison alors il faut analyser ce qui ne va pas et ne pas systématqiuement chercher à se rassurer par les progrès réalisés par rapport à l'année dernière.
Back to top Go down
clivethe

PostSubject: Re: la chronique de matt lawton   la chronique de matt lawton EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006 - 21:06

il me semble qu'en 81 l 'annee ou Liverpool gagne a paris la finale de la coupe de champions les REDS ont terminé 5emes et l'annee d'apres etaient champions d'Angleterre.....
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: la chronique de matt lawton   la chronique de matt lawton EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006 - 21:27

clivethered! wrote:
il me semble qu'en 81 l 'annee ou Liverpool gagne a paris la finale de la coupe de champions les REDS ont terminé 5emes et l'annee d'apres etaient champions d'Angleterre.....
Exact, bien vu Clive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: la chronique de matt lawton   la chronique de matt lawton Empty

Back to top Go down

la chronique de matt lawton
Page 1 of 1