Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

le point sur les transferts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invité

le point sur les transferts Empty
PostSubject: le point sur les transferts   le point sur les transferts EmptyFri 6 Jan 2006 - 14:28

bolanos est à l'essai.rafa ne veut pas prendre de décision hâtive à son sujet.
on a signé un goal de 19 ans,il vient de dons.

---------------------------------
le point sur les transferts Icliverpoollogo

Reina's role in Kromkamp signing
Jan 6 2006
By Ian Doyle Daily Post Staff

RAFAEL BENITEZ has revealed the role goalkeeper Reina played in Liverpool's surprise purchase of Villarreal right-back Jan Kromkamp.

The 25-year-old Holland international was unveiled yesterday having completed his part of a swap deal that saw Josemi move in the opposite direction.

And Benitez said: "We had good information on him. I know the people in Villarreal. And, of course, we have Pepe Reina.

"He knows the players there. One of the Villarreal players was here for three days, and we asked about Jan and we then knew a lot more about him. I didn't ask whether he was good or not, but more on the qualities of the player and how he is as a professional and a person. The reports were good."

He added: "With Jan, he has experience at international level and speaks English. Maybe he will need some time to adapt. But I always say it is a long race, we will have a lot of games, and we need hungry players with experience.

"We need to know what he can do for us, then when we look at his qualities we can tell him what we want from him, and then we can maybe change some of the small details. I tried to explain our idea to him. We will try to work on his strong points and see what he can do for us.

"It was important to do this deal quickly. We had the opportunity and in two days we decided to make the move. It was good for both clubs and both players, that is why it was so easy."

Liverpool remain confident of agreeing a deal for Brondby centre-back Daniel Agger in the next few days, and Benitez rubbished reports of a rift with the Anfield hierarchy over transfer funds.

"The next signing will be more difficult," he said.. "Every time we are linked with a player, their price goes up.

"Always you want more money but I am more than happy with the support from the board, chairman and chief executive."

Danish state broadcasters DR said last night that Agger's agent Per Steffensen was in Liverpool yesterday and the centre-back has now agreed personal terms with the European champions, who have only to agree a fee with Brondby - expected to be around £5.5million.

Benitez is also seeking a right midfielder, but is not planning a fresh approach for Benfica's Simao Sabrosa unless the Portuguese club substantially lower their asking price.

Christian Bolanos of Deportivo Saprissa has started his trial period at Anfield having arrived from Costa Rica.

"We haven't had much chance to see him in training but I have liked his attitude," said Benitez. "We decided to try him after seeing him play well in Japan. But we are in no hurry to decide yet."

* LIVERPOOL have further bolstered their reserve team by signing MK Dons goalkeeper David Martin for a nominal fee. The 19-year-old, who is the son of former West Ham United and England centre-back Alvin Martin, impressed during a trial at Anfield earlier this season.
Back to top Go down

le point sur les transferts
Page 1 of 1