Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think the money would be better spent on a keeper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

I think the money would be better spent on a keeper Empty
PostSubject: I think the money would be better spent on a keeper   I think the money would be better spent on a keeper EmptyMon 17 Jan 2005 - 16:57

REDS CLAIMED AS KUYT BIDDERS
SKY Sports 17 January 2005

It is being claimed that Liverpool lodged a bid for Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt before landing number one target Fernando Morientes.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez had been scouring the market for a striker ever since Djibril Cisse suffered a season-ending injury in October.

Morientes had long been Benitez's favoured option and he snared his man earlier in January, but it would appear as if the Spanish tactician had other irons in the fire.

Feyenoord chairman Jorien van den Herik confirmed last week that he had given a 10 million offer for Kuyt short shrift, but refused to name the team in question.

Sections of the Dutch media have got their teeth into the story, with AD Sportwereld suggesting Liverpool were the team who came in for the talented goalscorer.

Kuyt has been a regular scorer in the Netherlands, with his exploits for Utrecht prompting Feyenoord to lure him to Rotterdam in the summer of 2003.

The 24-year-old has added to his stock at Feyenoord and it would appear as if he caught the eye of astute Spaniard Benitez.

The news of interest in Kuyt is likely to lead to Feyenoord opening contract talks with a player they rate extremely highly.

Kuyt's present deal at De Kuip runs until the summer of 2007, but manager Ruud Gullit is ready to offer him a bumper extension to ward off interested parties.
Back to top Go down
Invité

I think the money would be better spent on a keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think the money would be better spent on a keeper   I think the money would be better spent on a keeper EmptyMon 17 Jan 2005 - 17:02

Je suis tout à fait d'accord avec toi, Shankly Gates.

Un bon gardien nous ferait le plus grand bien. Kuyt est un bon joueur mais nous n'avons pas besoin d'un nouveau striker alors que nous venons d'acheter Morientes, que nous avons Baros, Mellor, voire Luis Garcia, FSP et Cissé quand il reviendra de blessure.
La priorité n'est pas vraiment devant.
Back to top Go down

I think the money would be better spent on a keeper
Page 1 of 1