Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pool 1 West Bromwich Albion 0

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Pool 1 West Bromwich Albion 0 Empty
PostSubject: Pool 1 West Bromwich Albion 0   Pool 1 West Bromwich Albion 0 EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010 - 19:29

They say the sign of a good team is when they play badly and still win. In that case we must be a very good team.

Let's not kid ourselves here this match was all about the result and not about how it was achieved.

I thought we were dire until the second half and then Roy sent on Maxi for Jovanovic, for me it was only after this switch that our play became
a little quicker and we started to cause them problems. I don' t know what Roy sees in Jovanovic but for me he has not performed in a red shirt yet.

Perhaps Roy thinks that by giving him playing time he will get there? I see the reverse I see his confidence shattering. I think it is too big an ask to expect him to slot straight in to the Prem and perform well. I think he needs to be brought on slowly. But lets be clear here he wasn't alone here at having a stinker, we were giving the ball away all over the park, weren't closing down when we lost the ball and the pace we played at was so slow.

Still as I said this was all about the result and we got it. I thought the praise given by Carra and Roy to how well our opponents played was a bit overdone as I didn't think they were that good. Yes I accept after having got a 6-0 spanking last time they played away at Chelsea they wanted to make sure they were not on the receiving end of another, contributed. I also thought their Centre back Olsson was man of the match.

I didn't think it was red card challenge on Torres, it was a foul that deserved a yellow and no more. The referee was awful though, not sure what you would have to have done to get him to give a penalty? I counted at least 4 stick on pens that he totally ignored.

Still Nando did the biz once again and looks as though he is getting some form back, shame he has to go off and International duty. i don't think Roy request for him to be left at home will be granted and I hope he doesn't come back crocked again.

Positives? A clean sheet, another game for Poulsen who is starting to adapt well showing he can not only see a pass forward quickly but that he can execute it as well, Nando looking sharper and most of all 3 very valuable points on a weekend that saw City and Spurs both drop points and also that mean we go into the International break not as a club in crisis which would have been the case if we had drawn or lost to West Brom.

Back to top Go down

Pool 1 West Bromwich Albion 0
Page 1 of 1