Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So want do you think of Hodgson so far?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

So want do you think of Hodgson so far? Empty
PostSubject: So want do you think of Hodgson so far?   So want do you think of Hodgson so far? EmptyWed 21 Jul 2010 - 18:02

He has only been in the job 2 minutes but the accolades are coming from all sides, past players, present players, wannabee players et al.

The difference between Roy and Benitez is just so refreshing for the fans.

Be honest if you had been able to tell Benitez who to chop from the squad who would have been on your list.

Insua, Degen, Riera, El Zhar would have pretty much been on everyones list. Roy knows the fans at Liverpool are not stupid and we have all seen where the team was weak
under Benitez. I can think of a few others who could join them and if I was on the fringes of the Liverpool squad at this moment in time I would either be working my socks off to get into the new managers reckoning or on the phone to my agent looking for another club. Well done Roy and inside 2 weeks!

Now to pre-season and I expect to see the same refreshing change their too. I could never understand what Benitez was trying to achieve in his pre-season preparations.

Maybe I am just stupid but I thought pre-season was to get your squad into the best possible condition and that you had a settled strongest starting line up ready to hit the ground running from your first game? Under Benitez we often lost the season in the first six weeks and then ended up trying to do the impossible and overhaul a massve lead.

I don't expect that to be the case at all under Roy, I think he will look to have a settled side used to playing his system in pre-season and ready to go from day one. He is being unfairly hampered by the players coming back at different times due the world cup and I feel sorry for him but I don't think you will hear him complain about it.

And lets face it we have Arsenal, Man City and Man U as 3 of our first 5 games so we need to be ready no room for slip ups there.

I said when Benitez was sacked that I felt more optimistic than I had for some time about our club, maybe you can see why now?

I think we have a proper Manager and just another Ego freak in charge.
Back to top Go down

So want do you think of Hodgson so far?
Page 1 of 1