Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Real Liverpool Supporters in France

The Official and Original Forum for the Real Liverpool Supporters in France'

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hodgson actually said.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shankly Gates
Rang: Administrateur
Shankly Gates

Hodgson actually said. Empty
PostSubject: Hodgson actually said.   Hodgson actually said. EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010 - 13:25

'We are looking to add to and improve the squad, but I prefer not to talk or say what we are doing until we have something concrete to announce,' he added.
'We are being linked with players left, right and centre and it amuses me that we are sometimes linked with players we haven't even heard of.
'I have great faith in the Liverpool public that they will see through the snippets of information they may read, take it with a pinch of salt and wait for an official announcement.'

This is back to the way we used to conduct our transfer dealings. You don't say anything to anyone until the deal is done.

I won't be posting any rumours on here just the news as it becomes known. As Roy says Liverpool fans can see through the press comments and remain focused on what is really happening.

Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Torres   Hodgson actually said. EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010 - 18:37

Roy Hodgson has told interested clubs to forget about making a bid for Fernando Torres after the Liverpool manager held positive talks with the striker.

Speculation has suggested that the Spanish World Cup winner, who is recovering from a groin injury suffered in the final, was set to return from his summer holiday to tell the Premier League club that he wanted to leave.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona have all been linked with Torres, a £26million signing from Atletico Madrid in 2007, after Liverpool's disappointing 2009/10 campaign and the resulting departure of former manager Rafa Benitez.

But new boss Hodgson, who has already held discussions with captain Steven Gerrard over his future, has warned off potential suitors following a brief meeting with Anfield's star striker prior to flying to Switzerland for a pre-season training camp.

"I have met with Fernando. I found him to be a very pleasant man and we had a nice conversation," Hodgson told reporters in Bad Ragaz.

Football matters
"As far as we are concerned he is a Liverpool player and we want him to remain a Liverpool player. He is not for sale and we don't welcome any offers for him.

"We want to keep him. My conversation with him was only short because I had to leave to come to the training camp in Switzerland.

"We spoke about football, the World Cup, his injury, and I told him how much I am looking forward to working with him.

"(Managing director) Christian Purslow was also at the meeting and chatted to Fernando for a lot longer after I left but my chat with him was only about football matters."

Hodgson said on Thursday that Liverpool were being forced to work hard to keep their disenchanted stars happy.

Situation
But he has repeated that he has made it clear to Gerrard that he will not be sold at any price.

"I have met with Steven and thought the talks were positive," Hodgson added.

"We are in a situation where we hear our players are being courted by other teams but it is all just rumours.

"What we haven't had is a club wanting to buy Steven Gerrard. Steven Gerrard is not for sale - I made that clear to him.

"I told him I supported the club's policy that we don't want to sell our best players and have to start building again.

"We want to build our team around these players. He understands that position but clubs can get into players' ears and make promises. It destabilises the club and the players and we can't do anything about it."
Back to top Go down
Shankly Gates
Shankly Gates

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson actually said.   Hodgson actually said. EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010 - 20:18

Hodgson also confirmed Javier Mascherano has asked to leave the club but he insisted the Argentinian skipper would only leave if and when the club decided he could.

Said Hodgson, "He wants to leave the club, he's made that perfectly clear.

"He wanted to leave a year ago and he wants to leave now as well but he's contracted to Liverpool Football Club so whether he leaves or not will be our decision."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson actually said.   Hodgson actually said. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hodgson actually said.
Page 1 of 1